sapphire 0.8.4 and app backup

Diab210

Reaction score
I installed Sapphire 0.8.4 last night from a rooted version of 2.2 and it went very smoothly. I am highly impressed with the snappy-ness of the rom in general and still learning about the features. I thought I read somewhere that Titanium Backup (and other similar apps) can cause issues with the rom but now I can't find it again naturally. Does this mean there is no way to backup apps before installing a new version of sapphire?

On a side note, I had a backup of apps made with mybackup but never used actually restored them... however after booting the phone up into sapphire for the first time I got a notification that 38 apps were restored. Does the google market have its own backup method? I am hoping them being restored didn't screw up something.

Armyof2

Reaction score
I installed Sapphire 0.8.4 last night from a rooted version of 2.2 and it went very smoothly. I am highly impressed with the snappy-ness of the rom in general and still learning about the features. I thought I read somewhere that Titanium Backup (and other similar apps) can cause issues with the rom but now I can't find it again naturally. Does this mean there is no way to backup apps before installing a new version of sapphire?

On a side note, I had a backup of apps made with mybackup but never used actually restored them... however after booting the phone up into sapphire for the first time I got a notification that 38 apps were restored. Does the google market have its own backup method? I am hoping them being restored didn't screw up something.

Indeed market will sync your apps back to your phone...pretty handy

edit: unless your phone is my roommates phone that I rooted last night...for some reason he lost all his google sync stuff..contacts calander stuff everything....no idea why

jayman350

Reaction score
I have been able to backup and restore all of my apps via Titanium Backup. Excellent program, well worth the donation to get the full version (gotta go through paypal and he will email you a license file).

I haven't had any issues with Sapphire and TiB not playing well together.

Oh and if you don't want the market to auto-restore your apps, skip the step where you sign into your google account. Then go to accounts and add it that way. All of your contacts, calendars, etc will sync just not your apps.

I like this approach b/c the market will restore the apps, but TiB will allow you to restore the app data with it as well.