Sapphire 0.7.0 Q's

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Wraith, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Wraith

Wraith New Member

I searched a few times, looked a the FAQ sticky, so sorry if this has already been covered. Sapphire website has no forum support...

I installed 0.7.0 (awesome!) and the only problem I have is with the Voice Search app, it don't work (as others have reported).

The Sapphire site has a download replacement and the file size is different, but I am having problems copying it into the system directory. I tried using Astro, my pc and Android Mate (for su access) and still can't copy it over.

Also, I know there is an 0.8.4 release, but hesitant to try it with the posted issues and gapp update requirements. Happy with 0.7.0.

How can I get through this?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Wraith

Wraith New Member

So, some PM's with Tanknspank convinced me to try the 8.4 Sapphire update...but I happened to not do that correctly...

I installed the gapps_update on the 8.4 page as the update.

And it worked! My VoiceSearch is working now and everything seems to be running OK, save for the Market. Market DID update me for some installs, but I do not see some items in the Market I am missing...no biggie...but of some concern.

So, right now I am running 0.7.0 plus gapps_update and may do the full 8.4 and Market fix....
Search tags for this page
download sapphire-0.7.0

sapphire-0.7.0