Sapphire 0.7.0 Problems

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sluggish:

Clicked market icon. 5 seconds of white screen followed by "Loading" graphic. 30 seconds later the screen comes up, "apps/game/verizon" as it should.

Click apps, all applications, and it takes 25 seconds to get to the list of apps.

Search icon pops up the search bar quickly. enter "auto" and the "searching" graphic comes up. 40 seconds later I get a list of apps.

=============

Previously, while on SG6.0 the market would perform in a snappy kind of way. Click the market shortcut, it opens right up. Click the search it opens right up, search for something and within a couple of seconds get results.

Installed "more froyo" and it was sluggish, like it is now.
One day, no change to anything, around 6pm the market went offline for what I assume was everyone for about 15 minutes. A couple of threads popped up saying the market wasn't working for people. A couple hours later I realized it was back to normal, performance wise.

It was that way until I installed sapphire .7 and when I rolled back to SS4.2 yesterday it was fast again. I don't know what made it fast before, am hoping its just some sort of oddball timing thing where it is syncing up my apps or something. I don't see a lot of complaints out there for this issue though. I've installed .7 twice now, with 3 wipes of cache/data each time. The market is sluggish in all cases.

It behaves this way this whether on wifi or on 3g too.

wingdo

Reaction score
According to the change log on github, there are a number of fixes coming up for the market in the next release of sapphire.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah cvpcs has been trying to figure out what is causing these issues for the market. 0.8.2 should do better with the market.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ha, I hadn't checked the changelog recently. Guess he might have figured out the problem, lol.

jbrock98

Reaction score
Every one looking forward to .8.4? :D

When is it suppose to drop? I'm about to install 0.7.0 again hopefully I can get market synced and location working cause I like trying out non cyanmod based roms

Sent from my Ultimate Droid by Blackdroid using Tapatalk

3083joe

Reaction score
I installed Sapphire.7, and now I can't do things in ROM Manager. Tried to flash CW recovery, and got "error occurred while trying to run privileged commands". Same thing with fix permissions and flash alternate recovery. I went back to BB.4, and everything works, so it must be a Sapphire problem. Anyone else?
And yes, I did re-install Sapphire, and had same results.

I had exactly the same issues with ROM Manager and I noticed my Super Permissions Ninja was missing from the App drawer. I also went back to BB.4 and all is ok now including the Super Ninja is back.

had the same problem and did a wipe and reflash and now have SU back!

3083joe

Reaction score
all problems fixed, market, voice, and wifi by flashing through SpRecovery!!! :)

jbrock98

Reaction score
all problems fixed, market, voice, and wifi by flashing through SpRecovery!!! :)

U didn't install the patches for the market and location fixes?
..and u had no problems?

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ha, I hadn't checked the changelog recently. Guess he might have figured out the problem, lol.

Ok I can't find his changelog on github:( however I saw something sweet that's coming to scriptybox! do you have the link?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score