1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

sanyo zio help

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by ausher28, Sep 26, 2010.

1. ausher28

ausher28 New Member

i have a sanyo zio i used universal androot to root it. i have a 1.6 and want to upgrade it to Android OS 2.1 (Eclair). i also have setcpu and would like to overclock as well please help. NO HATERS ​
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

:welcome: to the Forum...don't worry, no haters here...I am going to have your thread moved to the right section in hopes to find an answer faster :)
  3. christim

christim Super Moderator

We're off to a good start. We know which phone you have, what OS version so we have your starting point. We also have your end goal as well as the method you are using to get there.

What went wrong and how do you know it went wrong?
    Did it root ok and you just want setcpu?
    Are you on 1.6 still and is there an android os 2.1 available for your phone that you have found?
    Is your kernel overclockable and/or are there are kernels available you can install?
  4. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

I did some quick searching on google for upgrading to 2.1 and didn't find much. It is supposedly upgradable to 2.1 and there's a rumored youtube video on how to do it. Didn't have time to search too much. I hope you get it up and running it does look like a neat little phone.
  5. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

did some looking, no youtube video or steps to installing 2.1 out yet.
  6. christim

christim Super Moderator

I looked too but was guessing ausher had all the pieces in hand prior to starting down his path. I had also searched the web but came across no signs of an early leak nor of overclockable kernels.
  7. jmh033089

jmh033089 New Member

I will be getting the Sanyo Zio M6000 (Cricket Wireless) very soon and I like how ausher28 is going about this, and I think he is looking for help on how to get this started or even go about doing, because as well I have done my digging and no one to date seem to have in down pat, so why not make it happen here this seems to be a good site from what I seem, so let all get together and find a way to make this work... I will be willing to use my phone to try and get this up and going.... Let me know if anyone things they can do it and has any ideas on how to go about it... Thanks in advanced
  8. ausher28

ausher28 New Member

thanks for your interest i have been googling everything for sanyo zio and i have the following apk adw.launcher, setcpu, universal androot, rom manager, but no custom roms now that sprint will be releasing the zio soon more people might have interest in the sanyo, again thanks for help
  9. jlbsmama

jlbsmama New Member

Sanyo Zio Service Notification

Ok, this probably is gonna sound stupid but this is my first android so here it go's..

HOW DO I TURN OFF THE NO SERVICE BEEP AND NOTIFICATION ICON???

I live in the basement of my house and dont get very good reception in some places and the beep drives me nutz!:wacko:
    It beeps when it dosn't have signal and when it finds signal again!!! PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

Thank you all 4 your time!
    ~Kate:blink:
Search tags for this page
custom roms for my sanyo zio
firmware rom for sanyo zio
how can i make my android zio phone faster
how to make a sanyo zio faster
how to make cricket sanyo faster

how to make my sanyo zio faster

how to make my sanyo zio phone faster
kyocera zio not ringing
rom manager apk for sanyo zio