Sandiisk media manager

dts

Reaction score
Just got a Razr Maxx and updated to ICS. I want to install a 32gb Sandisk micro class 6 or 10. Do I need the Sandisk software media manager on the card? Is it ok to format the media manager off and use the card?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to the forum!

Yes I would either format it from your computer prior to installing it, or once you put it in your phone go into your Settings>Storage>Format it from there.

OP
D

dts

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick help. I didn't want unnecessary software on the phone if it wasn't needed.:biggrin:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Thank you for your quick help. I didn't want unnecessary software on the phone if it wasn't needed.:biggrin:

Don't blame you, I always did the same thing when they always put their U3 software on my flash drives.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
A rule of thumb.. for me, is to always format the card in your device.. so.. what Sydman said :)

OP
D

dts

Reaction score
Thanks...One reason for a 6 or 10 class card is I want all I can get out of the HD video. I may post a new thread and see if people can really tell a difference in HD quality. Important to me for a vac. comming up. Thanks again for everyones heip as I'm a 60 year old newbe to smart phones :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the forums :) age is only a number :) I use 64gig class 10's in my maxx's... so I get where you're coming from :)

OP
D

dts

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :) age is only a number :) I use 64gig class 10's in my maxx's... so I get where you're coming from :)

Thanks for your welcomes! Does the video camera act better with the class 6 or 10? Not that mine is bad or anything.