Samsung's New 'Ultimate Test Drive' Promo Offers $1 (for 30 Days) Samsung for iPhone Users

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-td.jpg

It looks like Sammy is trying to kick Apple in the groin with their latest promotional offer. It's called the "Samsung Ultimate Test Drive" and it aims to get a Samsung into the hands of any iPhone user in the least bit tempted to try out a Samsung device.

The promo actually offers iPhone users the chance to use a new Samsung flagship device for 30 days if they cough up just $1. The program will only work for iPhone users, and in fact, you have to sign up for the program from your iPhone for it to work properly. The three eligible Samsung devices are the Galaxy S6 Edge, the S6 Edge+ and the Galaxy Note 5.

You would think that the offer would be free instead of just a buck, but the dollar price for the 30 day tryout actually makes sense. If you do not return whichever Samsung device you choose within 30 days, you will be charged the full retail price for it. The best way for them to secure the phone and setup that future possible transaction is to already charge your card the $1.

Either way, if you have iPhone using friends who might be interested in this deal, send them this link: Samsung Store

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sammie must really be hurting, lots of unsold inventory to offer this.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Pretty smart move imo.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I don't see it having much effect. Most people that have thought about jumping ship, already have at this point. What's left of Apple's fanbase are fiercely loyal to their devices.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Pretty smart move imo.

I agree. I have a couple of friends that are always wanting to mess with my phone, but they are too afraid to make a blind leap over to the Note series. Maybe they will check this program out.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
But will it really be free? $45 to activate this, then $45 to reactivate your old device...plus $35 re-stock fee;)

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Due to overwhelming demand they are currently out of test drive phones.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You are just so full of good news :mad: ()&$^# ... or ...Nuts!

That's what it says at the bottom of the webpage posted in the OP lol

Straight from Samsung...I read it on the Internet so it must be true!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's what it says at the bottom of the webpage posted in the OP lol

Straight from Samsung...I read it on the Internet so it must be true!
"Never believe everything you read on the internet". Abraham Lincoln

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

RyanPm40

Reaction score
But will it really be free? $45 to activate this, then $45 to reactivate your old device...plus $35 re-stock fee;)
There's nothing to restock with your carrier because Samsung would be sending you the phone directly, and I've never heard of an activation fee (at least on Verizon)? Can't you just swap the SIM, or does iphone use a special one?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
There's nothing to restock with your carrier because Samsung would be sending you the phone directly, and I've never heard of an activation fee (at least on Verizon)? Can't you just swap the SIM, or does iphone use a special one?

The iPhone uses a microsim so you would have to use a simcard cutter to chop it down to size. I have one that I got online for $3 dollars.