Samsung's New Galaxy S III Has Already Passed 9 Million Sales on Pre-Orders Alone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs3-duo.jpg

To say that the new Samsung Galaxy S III will be an unmitigated success, would be like betting that humans need air to breathe, at least if you factor in some recent pre-sales numbers from Samsung. Apparently, pre-orders for the SGS3, which will soon start launching to about 100 global carriers, have already passed 9 Million! To put it in perspective, this is half way toward the 20 Million that the Galaxy S 2 sold after its full retail launch!

When the SGS3 finally does hit retail shelves, we could be seeing sales numbers of epic proportions. According to the source of this article, Samsung has ramped up production at their factories and are currently making about 5 Million SGS3's per month. It would seem that Samsung has really built a huge brand following for their hardware. Could they eventually topple the popularity dominance of the iPhone? Only time will tell...

Source: Android.net

Captmilk

Reaction score
They probably won't update it until a year after it is released....ala Nexus

HNettles

Reaction score
Damn shame that I will have to jump ship to buy one. Where is Verizon in all of this? Oh, yeah, that's right, they're busy doing away with my unlimited data plan.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I'm actually warming up a bit to getting this phone. I was initially really put off by the design...

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
To everyone interested in the Galaxy S3, be sure to check out our sister site at - Galaxy S3 Forum :happy:

Ubi

Reaction score
Droid Razr HD, Please come out so I don't have to buy the SGSIII :(

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Why can't you pre order phones on Verizon like At&t?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
One sexy beast...Damnit man. I want this system dump

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<-----:)
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid Razr HD, Please come out so I don't have to buy the SGSIII :(

Actually I like the sg3...I'm digging the nature stuffs..lol I want this dump...(system) anyone???

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ubi

Reaction score
Actually I like the sg3...I'm digging the nature stuffs..lol I want this dump...(system) anyone???

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Don't get me wrong. My more I see and read about the SGSIII the more I love it. But I've always had a place for Blur and Motorola is my brand of choice I think I'd also rather have a metal bodied handset over the Polycarbonate body of the SGSIII. Nothing against the material. Metal just feels better to me. I might turn my Rezound in for the SGSIII. But my Droid X will certainly be replaced by this Razr HD. :)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. My more I see and read about the SGSIII the more I love it. But I've always had a place for Blur and Motorola is my brand of choice I think I'd also rather have a metal bodied handset over the Polycarbonate body of the SGSIII. Nothing against the material. Metal just feels better to me. I might turn my Rezound in for the SGSIII. But my Droid X will certainly be replaced by this Razr HD. :)

Sweet Jeezy..Lol I love it. My words exactly. But something about the concept of the whole nature thing. They were listening to my input on themes and such on these forums to some dev buddies of mine. They decided to incorporate it into a whole UI enhancement for one of their flag ships? Lol

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2