Samsung's LiveStream Event for the Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge is Up & Counting Down!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Samsung's livestream YouTube link for the Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge is online, and it's countdown to launch is ticking down. The event will be March 1st (Sunday) at 9:30 am Pacific Time (11:30 am Central Time). We will do our best to cover everything, so stay tuned for all the details!

best_2015

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
Thanks for everything. Samsung is really beating around the bush.........

bigdad63

Reaction score
The good :
Better build quality
Better processor
Better screen
Better camera
The REALLY Horrible:
No sd card
No replaceable/upgradeable battery
No front facing speakers
Glass back?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What was Samsung thinking here. Oh yeah, they weren't o_O.
Agreed. The very things that were often touted as the things people liked most about them are the things they removed, flexible plastic back, replaceable battery, and SD card slot.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Agreed. The very things that were often touted as the things people liked most about them are the things they removed, flexible plastic back, replaceable battery, and SD card slot.

Unfortunately that is not how things work. Unless the multitude of "professional" bloggers (read: opinionists) embrace removable backs, sdcards, etc then any company using them are deemed dated and gimmicky.

As an example take phones with plastic builds. Plastic has been and always will be more forgiving than aluminum unibodies. The majority of folks always buy a case to cover their phones up in which completely negates having a supposed "premium" build. I could, and did, sit on my Note 3 in my back pocket. I did it for over a year. There is no way I would even try that ONCE with my i6 Plus.

So now Samsung caved in to all of those worthless opinions that were only being spewed by the blogging spin machines and it is showing up in pricing.