Samsung Unveils The Galaxy A Lineup Ahead Of CES.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-a-2017.jpg

CES won't officially start until tomorrow, but Samsung just couldn't wait to share their latest devices from the Galaxy A series. Earlier today they announced the Galaxy A3, Galaxy A5, and Galaxy A7. So far these devices are looking pretty great. All the devices come with a fingerprint scanner, IP68 water resistance, and come stock with Android 6.0 with a Nougat update coming in the next few months.

The Galaxy A3 is the smaller of the group. It features a 4.3" Super AMOLED display, 1.6GHz octa-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, 13MP rear camera, 8MP front camera, and 2350mAh battery. There is no fast charging for the device. The Galaxy A5 is stuck in the middle at 5.2". It includes an FHD Super AMOLED display, Exynos 7880 processor, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, 16MP rear camera, 8MP front camera, 3,000mAh battery, fast charging and expandable storage. The Galaxy A7 is the larger of the devices at 5.7". It also includes an FHD Super AMOLED, Exynos 7880 processor, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, 3,600 battery, fast charging, and expandable storage.

So far Samsung has not specified pricing and availability for these devices. These are midranger devices so they will be less expensive than the Galaxy S series. Samsung did announce the A lineup will be ready for release in Russia in early January. Other markets will see the release shortly after.

via Samsung

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I have a question about fingerprint scanners and wireless charging. Do you HAVE to use those two features, or is there an alternative for each one? Can the phones be charged in the traditional way with a plug in device and can I simply ignore that fingerprint reader?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have a question about fingerprint scanners and wireless charging. Do you HAVE to use those two features, or is there an alternative for each one? Can the phones be charged in the traditional way with a plug in device and can I simply ignore that fingerprint reader?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
On the new phones or any Samsung?
My S7-Edge can be charged with cable or wireless, and I don't have to use the Finger Print scanner to open, I use swipe or a pin most of the time, FPrint for PayPal etc only.

Sent by my new S7-Edge

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The Galaxy A3 is the smaller of the group. It features a 4.3" Super AMOLED display, 1.6GHz octa-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, 13MP rear camera, 8MP front camera, and 2350mAh battery.

I think the A3 is the Droid my wife has been looking for (she's still on the 2013 OG Moto X) -- though I have a hunch it's actually 4.7". ;)

-Matt

Last edited: