Samsung unveils Galaxy Note - a new 5.3-inch, dual-core phone with a SuperAMOLED HD

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think at 6'4" this may be the phone sized for me... but it also seems like it may be just far enough way on the time line that it goes from just waiting a little bit longer to falling into the trap of always waiting for the next best thing, if that makes any sense. I guess I should just hold out until my D1 croaks and then hop on the best at that moment... I don't know any more...

sb1831

Reaction score
Dell Streak vs Jeans - YouTube Reminds me of the Dell Streak. Too big to carry comfortably in normal size jeans. I remember engadget doing a review saying you needed to shift the phone in your pocket to walk comfortably up and down stairs.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Dell Streak vs Jeans - YouTube Reminds me of the Dell Streak. Too big to carry comfortably in normal size jeans. I remember engadget doing a review saying you needed to shift the phone in your pocket to walk comfortably up and down stairs.

That Dell looks like it's six feet long! I think the Sammy looks a but shorter and that may be better for the pocket.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
That Dell looks like it's six feet long! I think the Sammy looks a but shorter and that may be better for the pocket.

This phone is a little bigger then the Dell Streak.. The Dell Streak is 5" This phone is 5.3"...

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I think their trying to find a device that pleases the consumer on the best size to get tab users and phone users alike and corner the all in one kind of device to compensate both needs to make more sales..marketing is getting pretty good lately for these devices..especially like the bionic..lol they probably put all the teaser ads and shots and rumors and the whole nine yards to get people so psyched and you know..it is working because people are willing to do anything to buy it and this was even before official specs were even comfirmed...lol I love it..marketing and sales.. its a beast! I do it too at one of my jobs...lol all in all..I would at anytime take a 5.3 inch screen, and any bigger as they know, would be a tab....

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
I agree. I think 5.3 should be the max for a smartphone...maybe 5.5 but anything more than that shouldn't be a phone. The Galaxy Tab is a exception since that easily fits in people's back pocket lol

smokiedabong

Reaction score
This phone is amazing , I was hoping for a phone bigger than 4.3 , I want one now !!! I've been waiting for a dual core AMOLED since last year , probably VZ will decide not to carry this phone like they do with all the good ones :(

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
This phone is a little bigger then the Dell Streak.. The Dell Streak is 5" This phone is 5.3"...

I bet the Streak is taller/longer. Kinda like my X is longer than my buddies EVO 4G. One way or another, this sucker is goin in my pocket!!

doifer

Reaction score
Oh, man, 5.3" is a huge one. It would be mainly for men, wouldn't it? I don't think many girls would hold this gadget on one hand. So, is it a phone or a tablet? Probably a hybrid.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Oh, man, 5.3" is a huge one. It would be mainly for men, wouldn't it? I don't think many girls would hold this gadget on one hand. So, is it a phone or a tablet? Probably a hybrid.
It's a tabone.

nikecar

Reaction score
you know what they say about the size of a man's smart phone...
making up for something? Hard to notice something smaller when you are looking at the giant phone.

I think there are many women who are used to holding something bigger than 5.3"