Samsung unveils Galaxy Note - a new 5.3-inch, dual-core phone with a SuperAMOLED HD

broosewee

Reaction score
No car dock to keep it handy for gps and it 's still the bionic, vigor, etc. A lot of choices coming up within the next couple of months. They killed the idea of a lapdock for the bionic though on the pricepoint of it though.

Where, sir, did you see the 'no car dock' information? That would be a deal breaker for me since my phone is my music/GPS device in the car.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Where, sir, did you see the 'no car dock' information? That would be a deal breaker for me since my phone is my music/GPS device in the car.

I'm not saying that there isn't one but I have heard any info as far as accessories yet for this.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Whoops, meant to say that I have not heard any info as far as accessories yet.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Of course you haven't... this phone is just being introduced... to assume that there won't be a car dock because it hasn't been said yet is pretty silly this early on...

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
next thing ya know we are gonna have phones the size of nooks up to our ears...

Sometimes at work I'll run Skype on my Xoom, call someone, and hold it up to my head.
I then make it a point to walk past my buddy's office while I'm "on the phone".

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Of course you haven't... this phone is just being introduced... to assume that there won't be a car dock because it hasn't been said yet is pretty silly this early on...

True, I am just saying though I am waiting on it so I can make my decision.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The bigger the better

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Thats what she said...

My max size for a phone is 4.5" I think. 4.5" is pushing it IMO. Like with the Dell Streak....some folks couldnt decide if it was a tablet or a phone. I call it...a Phablet.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
But...with a 5" phone...I would handle it like a regular tablet that can make and receive calls: use Blue tooth.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Thats what she said...

My max size for a phone is 4.5" I think. 4.5" is pushing it IMO. Like with the Dell Streak....some folks couldnt decide if it was a tablet or a phone. I call it...a Phablet.

The phabulous phablet!! I just watched a couple more youtube vids on this baby. I dont think its that huge and I'm pretty confident it will fit in my pocket. I think this one trumps them all for me so far. That display is awesome. Want it NOW!

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I would totally buy one. I use the phone so rarely. My DX is mostly a mini computer. Plus, I have a bluetooth headset so even when I do use the phone, its not up against my ear. I have large pockets and would love to have that phone in them. Lets hope the stats are terrible and the software isn't rubbish on it. Or at least let me put CM7 on the thing.

I found a Case for you to carry it in!!!

View attachment 39751

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
As aperson that does a lot of remote support the screen size would be awesome for a remote desktop or VNC, the killer would be accessories.

Same for me. I use my DX for remoting a lot at work. I also access my FOG server and though its not that bad, I would prefer to see more on my screen that is readable then zooming out.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Looks really nice, seems like it would be comfortable to hold even though it is pretty big.

Has anyone else noticed that almost every tech site (mostly Engadget) is bashing on this and the S pen? I think if it was a iPen, they'd be all over it saying how cool and revolutionary it is..Anyone else sick of the biased crap?