Samsung Unpacked Event Kicks Off at 10AM CT; Live Stream Link Here

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-save-the-date-livestream-unpacked-aug-2015.png

For folks who have time to watch Samsung's live stream for their Unpacked Event, the link is here: Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2015 August 13th - The Official Samsung Galaxy Site The event will kick off in about 30 minutes (10am CT), and will share the official launch of the Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.

If you won't be able to watch the event, just check back with us here. We will be covering the details of the event in "near-real-time" so we should have all the juicy details. Please stand by! :)

*Update: the link above is just an info link. The actual livestream YouTube video link is in the thread below.

Last edited:

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Preorders are starting today at 3pm for both devices. I'm assuming it's EDT since that's the timezone they announced the event on but I'm not sure.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Missed the whole dang thing. Stupid morning meeting. Guess I'll have to wait for it to be uploaded to youtube since it won't let me go back on the stream at all. Interested to see all of the specifics for myself, but I know I'm not getting any of the devices announced today.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Missed the whole dang thing. Stupid morning meeting. Guess I'll have to wait for it to be uploaded to youtube since it won't let me go back on the stream at all. Interested to see all of the specifics for myself, but I know I'm not getting any of the devices announced today.

Lame. Supposedly you are going to be able to preorder at 3pm EDT (I'm assuming the timezone because that's what they announced the stream with)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
And the whole Samsung pay thing. We pretty much knew all that. What I wanted to see was an explanation of how it actually works. Do you wave your phone over the reader? Does it have to be right on it? How does the process work to ACTUALLY use it.

#FailSamsung

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll sum it up. Nowt Note5= best ever note with bigger screen in a smaller package,s pen does more now with air command and writing notes with screen not even being awake.
S6 Edge, they didn't even have a real working one to show its features but instead used videos of artists renditions and videos of videos and games being played.
S pen, kinda cool new stuff, better looking home button on both.
Male speaker who touted Note5 looked like Roger Goodell and female speaker, about 6 Edge, liked like Michelle Obama.
No real specifics given about either beyond eye candy.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'll sum it up. Nowt Note5= best ever note with bigger screen in a smaller package,s pen does more now with air command and writing notes with screen not even being awake.
S6 Edge, they didn't even have a real working one to show its features but instead used videos of artists renditions and videos of videos and games being played.
S pen, kinda cool new stuff, better looking home button on both.
Male speaker who touted Note5 looked like Roger Goodell and female speaker, about 6 Edge, liked like Michelle Obama.
No real specifics given about either beyond eye candy.

And all the Samsung Pay stuff we already knew about.
And then showed a short video of the next Gear appearing to be Tizen and saying it would be announced in Sept in Berlin.

-fin-

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And all the Samsung Pay stuff we already knew about.
And then showed a short video of the next Gear appearing to be Tizen and saying it would be announced in Sept in Berlin.

-fin-
I'd already gotten distracted and cut it off by then.
Did anyone else notice the buzz words "for the fans" quite a few times?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'd already gotten distracted and cut it off by then.
Did anyone else notice the buzz words "for the fans" quite a few times?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
I've only just now gotten to the guy talking about the Note 5, but they're going on and on about listening to the customers/fans and giving them what they want. Not sure who they talked to. Haha!

It's a good looking device, but still not for me. I do like a bit of the additions of functionality of the s pen, but now that I've gotten used to using my Note 4 one-handed, I hardly use mine anymore.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've only just now gotten to the guy talking about the Note 5, but they're going on and on about listening to the customers/fans and giving them what they want. Not sure who they talked to. Haha!

It's a good looking device, but still not for me. I do like a bit of the additions of functionality of the s pen, but now that I've gotten used to using my Note 4 one-handed, I hardly use mine anymore.
I like the new home button and writing while the screen is off. Curved back= lots of drops for me if curved any more than my Note4. Dang things are just too thin without a case or squared backs, like trying to hold jello to me.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'll have to watch this when I get home tonight...too busy at work this week. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole "writing while the screen is off" thing. Sounds like a really cool feature as long as you have neat penmanship and you're not writing a whole paragraph.

S5 tap'n