Samsung Teases Two New Phones and a Tablet in New Marketing Shot

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-note-5-s6-edge-Plus-teaser.jpg

The above PR image was released by Samsung earlier this morning. It obviously is a teaser for both the Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus that they will reveal on August 13th. On top of these two devices, they also seem to be teasing a new tablet as well.

One could speculate that it's the new 8-inch Galaxy Tab S2, but that was already revealed, and this one has some distinctly different design characteristics. In fact, it looks like there is a slight curvature to the tablet (you can barely perceive it in the upper left corner). Could this be a new Galaxy Edge tablet device? It seems distinctly possible, which has us quite intrigued here at HQ.

What do you guys think? Could the curved displays find a better home on a tablet than a phone?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Depending on how they utilize it, I could see the Edge display making more sense on a tablet. I'm kind bummed that the latest edge devices seem to do away with the functionality of the Note Edge's side screen though.

squeak

Reaction score
The device with the stylus looks like it has a curved edge more than the one above it. weird.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Also weird is that the stylus appears to be on the left side when looking at the screen. Mine's on the right and I thought they'd always been on the same side?