Samsung Teases: The Galaxy S6 Will Be Borderless With An All Metal Case

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
samsung-galaxy-s6-video-teaser.jpg

Samsung's latest video for the new Galaxy Smartphone eludes to a borderless curved reflective free screen along with an all metal body.
The Galaxy S5 was a beefed up GS4 and never met Samsung's sales expectations. It is evident that Sammy needs to get back into the game and will present a new fresh GS6 design.
Checkout the video below.​

Source

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Borders will disappear. Doesn't sound good for replaceable batteries.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Borders will disappear. Doesn't sound good for replaceable batteries.

+1 on that FK... But ya never know...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
+1 on that FK... But ya never know...
Hey, I'm not rooting for non-removable batteries. Frankly I'd be thrilled if my phone had a removable battery but at least it has one that gets me completely through a day.

I hope they didn't drop removable batteries on their new flagship phone.

Another thing... What about wireless charging? I'm not sure how that full metal jacket will will affect wireless charging. I know that steel would prevent the magnetic field from passing from the transmitter to the receiver coil, but I don't know if Aluminum will affect it in the same way.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Hey, I'm not rooting for non-removable batteries. Frankly I'd be thrilled if my phone had a removable battery but at least it has one that gets me completely through a day.

I hope they didn't drop removable batteries on their new flagship phone.

Another thing... What about wireless charging? I'm not sure how that full metal jacket will will affect wireless charging. I know that steel would prevent the magnetic field from passing from the transmitter to the receiver coil, but I don't know if Aluminum will affect it in the same way.

This was posted by a Sammy engineer 5 days ago.

It is expected that 2015 will be a landmark year for the growth of wireless charging deployment, as wireless charging stations will begin to appear in more and more public places. Samsung will accelerate to democratize this wireless charging technology with compelling smartphones. With our upcoming Galaxy smartphones, users will be able to enter a new wireless world like never before".
Wireless Smartphone Charging as an Industry Standard Samsung Electronics Official Blog Samsung Tomorrow Samsung Electronics Official Blog

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
My car came with wireless charging built in. It would be cool for longer drives. It will be even cooler if they could increase wireless charging speeds. I'm looking forward to Adaptive Wireless Fast Charging somewhere down the road.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
That's awesome. I haven't seen a wireless option for cars here in Thailand. But then again, I haven't checked it out.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Looks just like my S5....which looked just like the S4....which looked just like my S3......which looked just....well, you get the point!
No removable battery and no ext sd card means no sale from me. It's turning out to be another one of those, "let's wait and see what they do next year" kind of years. Ugh!
But then, it might include a built in time machine so we'll see.

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sounds like an easily broken display on the edge models..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
From that XDA link;

"The camera protrudes from the back of the device which is not removable meaning the device does not feature a changeable battery which is supported by previous leaks showing a ribbon cable connection. There also appears to be no MicroSD slot which given the rumours that the device is available in 64Gb and 128Gb would make sense to keep costs down, it is not combined with the Sim tray as previously thought."​

So there you have it. Unless all these leaks turn out to be wrong, another one bites the dust.

At least with a glass back, the device will support wireless charging without a doubt.