1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Samsung Tablet Wireless Tether to D1

Discussion in 'Samsung Tablet Discussions' started by jmed99, Nov 12, 2010.

1. jmed99

jmed99 New Member

I'm going to use my rooted droid with wireless tether to connect to my new Verizon Samsung Tab. This would essentially allow me to get free 3G on the tab. The problem is the tab does not pick up the "androidtether" signal. It doesn't show up on the wireless networks list. :icon_eek:

I'm perplexed by this because I have done this several times with my laptop and it works perfectly. Any ideas or solutions? Thanks for your help!
  2. rkcoll1

rkcoll1 New Member

The tab wont connect to an adhoc connection so wifitether wont work as is. I also have been searching for a solution to this for a friend so I hope someone else can chime in with a solution.
  3. jammasterkx2

jammasterkx2 New Member

I had an Wistech A81-E Android tablet that I could "Wireless Tether" to my D1.

Following this: SDK, Root, and ad-hoc, link directions.
    SDK, Root, and ad-hoc, link directions.

I was able to root the A81-E tablet, edit a few files within the A81-E, and then connect to D1.
  4. droidtom

droidtom New Member

I'm hoping for this to work big time. I had read on forums that the IPADs had trouble with this too, but i tried it in a store after the galaxy didn't see the android tether and it connected right up. From what I've read, worst case I upgrade my phone to one with hotspot capability and then wireless tether can do infrastructure. Is that correct?
Search tags for this page

how to teather a samsung droid to a samsung pad

how to tether samsung galaxy to tablet