Samsung Shares Their Keynote Video for Your Viewing Pleasure

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;GDJ67df0p6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GDJ67df0p6A[/video]​

If you missed Samsung's Keynote at CES yesterday, but wanted to catch it, Samsung shared the full video, and we linked it for you above. This is the event where they shared the Exynos 5 octa-chip (at about the 12:34 mark) and the Youm the flexible display prototype (at about the 39:48 mark). If you want to watch the whole thing, then you will need to block out slightly more than an hour of your time. The theme of this speech was "Mobilizing Possibility." Enjoy!

Source: Samsung Tomorrow

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Exynos 5 vs Tegra 4...thats going to be a hell of a battle. I still have my money on the Tegra4 though. Its a mobile chip built by a company known for leading the gaming graphics industry. Either way though, these two going head to head means great things for us, the consumer. I can't wait to see what comes out this year. Apple is going to struggle to keep up. With their crazy closed system, they are stuck with their few devices while Android offers things like this.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I can't believe that they brought President Clinton into speak. But my only question for Samsung is if they are going to stay with android or not?

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I doubt that Samsung will even leave Android completely behind. It is their biggest cash-cow right now and for the foreseeable future. More than likely they will just diversify their opportunities with Tizen and Windows Phone 8, but they probably don't expect either of them to put much of a dent into their now industry leading Android brand with the Galaxy S series.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I doubt that Samsung will even leave Android completely behind. It is their biggest cash-cow right now and for the foreseeable future. More than likely they will just diversify their opportunities with Tizen and Windows Phone 8, but they probably don't expect either of them to put much of a dent into their now industry leading Android brand with the Galaxy S series.

Agreed. I think Tizen will become their free phones and rarely receive updates and their flagship phones will stay on Android and hopefully get better update schedules. Getting a free phone you can't expect reliable updates unless its a major security one. If you pay the premium for a flagship phone, you should be able to expect frequent updates.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Time to watch this on the big screen. Thanks for posting this!:hail:

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
When he pulled out that flexible display prototype the image on the screen was so vivid it looked like the fake lcd on a dummy display model phone but it's interactive :blink: ooooooooo :popped out: ....next we'll have wearable lcd clothing like interactive wristbands and stuff. It's so wild to see things that used to only exist in futuristic sci-fi flicks actually existing IRL. :smile-b:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Seriously, there's no way I'm ever going to last a full two years with the same phone. I just don't see how! :D:blink:

jgmecarter

Reaction score

I hope they do stay with android. I am interested to see what they do with Tizen and I might get one one one of my spare lines. But I love what android is doing and it would be very hard for me to leave android