Samsung Shares Their Keynote Video for Your Viewing Pleasure

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 10, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

If you missed Samsung's Keynote at CES yesterday, but wanted to catch it, Samsung shared the full video, and we linked it for you above. This is the event where they shared the Exynos 5 octa-chip (at about the 12:34 mark) and the Youm the flexible display prototype (at about the 39:48 mark). If you want to watch the whole thing, then you will need to block out slightly more than an hour of your time. The theme of this speech was "Mobilizing Possibility." Enjoy!

Source: Samsung Tomorrow
    1 person likes this.
  2. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Exynos 5 vs Tegra 4...thats going to be a hell of a battle. I still have my money on the Tegra4 though. Its a mobile chip built by a company known for leading the gaming graphics industry. Either way though, these two going head to head means great things for us, the consumer. I can't wait to see what comes out this year. Apple is going to struggle to keep up. With their crazy closed system, they are stuck with their few devices while Android offers things like this.
    1 person likes this.
  3. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

I can't believe that they brought President Clinton into speak. But my only question for Samsung is if they are going to stay with android or not?
  4. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

I doubt that Samsung will even leave Android completely behind. It is their biggest cash-cow right now and for the foreseeable future. More than likely they will just diversify their opportunities with Tizen and Windows Phone 8, but they probably don't expect either of them to put much of a dent into their now industry leading Android brand with the Galaxy S series.
  5. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think Tizen will become their free phones and rarely receive updates and their flagship phones will stay on Android and hopefully get better update schedules. Getting a free phone you can't expect reliable updates unless its a major security one. If you pay the premium for a flagship phone, you should be able to expect frequent updates.
  6. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Time to watch this on the big screen. Thanks for posting this!:hail:
  7. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

When he pulled out that flexible display prototype the image on the screen was so vivid it looked like the fake lcd on a dummy display model phone but it's interactive :blink: ooooooooo :popped out: ....next we'll have wearable lcd clothing like interactive wristbands and stuff. It's so wild to see things that used to only exist in futuristic sci-fi flicks actually existing IRL. :smile-b:
  8. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Seriously, there's no way I'm ever going to last a full two years with the same phone. I just don't see how! :D:blink:
  9. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

I hope they do stay with android. I am interested to see what they do with Tizen and I might get one one one of my spare lines. But I love what android is doing and it would be very hard for me to leave android
Search tags for this page

release date of samsung keynote

samsung keynote release date