Samsung Shares Their 'Exciting Announcement' Before SXSW Event: Angry Birds Space

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;lxI1L1RiSJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lxI1L1RiSJQ[/video]​

So, for the last few days, Samsung has been teasing that they had an exciting announcement that they would show off at the SXSW event later today. For some reason, they got antsy and released it ahead of schedule. There was much speculation that it could be an SGS3 announcement, or maybe something new regarding the Galaxy Note, and, as it turns out, that last one was partially true. Apparently, they simply wanted to share the new "Angry Birds: Space" trailer on their Galaxy Note. That was their big announcement...

Although Angry Birds is a fun and exciting game, and this new version looks intriguing and creative, this "announcement" didn't really need a dousing from the over-hype machine now did it Samsung? Was this worth all the hullabaloo? We'll let you decide. Here's the video above.

Source: AndroidPolice

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our tax dollars at work... :blink:

loki993

Reaction score
Wow, Samsung and they're "exciting" announcements. First the super bowl ad for the Note, which had been know about for months before and now this. I mean I figured it would be something dumb, but I never imagined it would be that dumb.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm sorry, but it almost feels like they are doing it with a sarcastic tone against apple. Apple loves their big announcements that usually end up being big let downs. With all the apple mockery in their commercials, I wouldn't doubt this to be in line with that.

loki993

Reaction score
Yeah sure its cool, but I guess everyone idea of exciting is different too. Honestly though I didn't expect anything big. Do you really think they would have announced a new phone at that concert? I doubt it.

So it is what it is.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
woooooo

This should've been announcement for AngryBirds, not the Note. Once you get past the taking and to the gameplay, you're watching the graphics and not the branded bezel around the screen

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Next in the lineup of ridiculous Samsung announcements:
A Galaxy Note preloaded with Google Play.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
They couldn't have picked someone better to do this video? This guy is straight up boring

Reaction score
Apple has to show off everything the make. Not all at once though. 1 month will be like i pad 4 then two months later they show something like i pod touch 20th gen with 1 new thing . Apple will fall soon

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums