Samsung Shares Impressive Camera Feature Demo for the Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Ever the masters of self-promotion, Samsung is back with a new video teaser. This one purports to show off some of the best camera features for the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. The main features shared in the demo highlight the following:
  • Faster speed of the camera
  • Full "Pro" manual mode
  • Improved quality low-light lens
  • Tracking autofocus
  • Simpler UI
  • Outstanding OIS
Based upon initial feedback garnered from the press during Mobile World Congress, these aren't wild boasts from Samsung, and it appears that the South Korean tech master has really taken the smartphone camera to a whole new level.

How important to you is a quality camera experience on your smartphone?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
How important to you is a quality camera experience on your smartphone?

To me, it's pretty important. I take a lot of pics.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I love the idea of having a camera on my phone that can rival an actual camera. Not having to have your camera with you everywhere and still being able to take amazing photos in an instant is pretty cool.

These features are definitely making me think about waiting for this phone or the note 5... I've got a few upgrades to use on other lines... just been waiting for the right phone.

whippleman

Reaction score
I'm on the old JUMP plan with Tmobile so I can get a new phone for just the tax. I really want to get the S6 Edge but I'm coming from a Note 4 and love the screen size. Not sure if I want to give that up until the Note 5 lol. This phone is looking better than I thought minus the sd card.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus

I'm in the same boat. There have been several times that I really liked what a cellphone has to offer, but passed up on it solely due to the camera.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

I'm in the same boat. There have been several times that I really liked what a cellphone has to offer, but passed up on it solely due to the camera.

Same here. I need a good camera with me at all times for work, and I want to have a good camera with me at all times personally. The Note 4 has the best smartphone camera I've ever owned. The S6 looks like it will improve upon that. I can't wait to see what they do with the Note 5.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Same here. I need a good camera with me at all times for work, and I want to have a good camera with me at all times personally. The Note 4 has the best smartphone camera I've ever owned. The S6 looks like it will improve upon that. I can't wait to see what they do with the Note 5.

I like the photos that I take with the Note Edge. My i6 Plus does a little better in low lighting scenarios and the Edge is better in conditions with better lighting.

crispykremess

Reaction score
Yeah this is really cool, a new approach to capturing moments. Remember those selfies..can't wait to get it.