Samsung Shares Design Story Teaser Video for Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Samsung shared a new video which teases the design of their new flagship, the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. They don't go into any detail, but after doing some digging we found out some interesting facts. For ecample, the Galaxy S6 products use a higher premium grade 6013 aluminum alloy than the iPhone 6 products.

Also, the display uses "3D Thermoforming," which is a fancy technique to create the display on the Galaxy S6 Edge. It basically puts glass in between two molds, and then heats it to 800 degrees Celsius. After that the cover glass gets pressed into the shape folds around the sides of the Galaxy S6 Edge.

Samsung also uses a "nano-thin multi-coating process" on the back of the device to create that gorgeous sheen. Impressive!

Here's our dedicated Galaxy S6 and S6 Section for more discussion: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge General Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've gotten my hands on a coworkers note edge.. While I like the idea.. It has some drawbacks to me.. And to have a device with 2 edges like that.. Idk.. I guess.. Trying to be positive.. It could lead to some awesome possibilities for developers.