Samsung S5 or HTC M8?

Rhino94

Reaction score
I am wondering how you guys feel about Samsung products. I have only owned their TVs and computer monitors. So I am wondering what you guys think about Samsung vs HTC. I have never had a problem with Samsung I just never bought their phones before and was curious what you guys think.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The quality in their monitors/TV definitely carries over to their phones. I absolutely love the display on my s4. Sure they use plastic but it's still a premium feeling device with the added benefits/features of removable battery and expandable memory, which I personally found to have been the dealmaker for me.

Before I upgrade to my s4, I headed over to AT&T to do a comparison as the One wasn't on Verizon at the time. I figured for my personal use and preference that the One wasn't worth waiting for. I also didn't mind TouchWiz as much as others, and there was always the choice of a different launcher, which I would've done even if I had waited for the One.

MoshuXXL

Reaction score
In terms of design there is no comparison. HTC One is the best looking phone in years and probably the new HTC One M8 will follow the design language. Also the HTC's Sense interface it's much better and lighter (probably the best of any OEM) than Samsung's TouchWiz. I have HTC One and is the best phone I've ever had. It is lag free and offers a great day to day user experience. My vote goes for HTC, but I would advice you to wait for both phone to be available and make a real life comparison.

Caesars

Reaction score
I really want to try an htc phone but I really need a removable battery. I could probably do without the SD card slot (although I prefer expandable memory), both of which Samsung usually has :). I'll just have to wait and see, so far neither one seems "must upgrade note 3" worthy (in terms of hardware leaks).

Nexus5/iPhone5s

OP
Rhino94

Rhino94

Reaction score
In terms of design there is no comparison. HTC One is the best looking phone in years and probably the new HTC One M8 will follow the design language. Also the HTC's Sense interface it's much better and lighter (probably the best of any OEM) than Samsung's TouchWiz. I have HTC One and is the best phone I've ever had. It is lag free and offers a great day to day user experience. My vote goes for HTC, but I would advice you to wait for both phone to be available and make a real life comparison.

I honestly would love to wait but I'm on Verizon and knowing Verizon and HTC it could be months before we see it in Verizon stores

alhadee12

Reaction score
I am currently using the Note 3 and is been a great device for me. I'm not a big fan of to TouchWiz, but for my work it offers great options.

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Came from Motorola and can't believe how much better and smother the Samsung s4 is. I have had zero issues.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

alhadee12

Reaction score
I would like to see them both up front and personal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Alextodd

Reaction score
Samsung phones have few issues, but they are surely great! In somethings i like HTC, but Samsung is the best, However both companies offer poor customer support.

NOVICE

Reaction score
Have had numerous phones and I kept changing every 4 or 5 months until I got the Note 2 and then Note 3. Have no desire to upgrade until Note 4.

The exterior build of the Galaxy Note is plasticky and definitely inferior to almost every other top level device. But I always use a light case so I actually prefer plastic to metal.

TouchWiz is definitely an acquired taste but given the power onboard everything is smooth and speedy even with the crapware.

The S pen provides the one feature that in my mind sets the Galaxy Note apart from other phones.

kunzy

Reaction score
I own the note 2 and had the galaxy nexus before that through Verizon. Lately I've been thinking about switching to another carrier or phone manufacturer because of the looooong delays in system upgrades. So when the HTC one m8 was announced got pretty excited about it but after reading up on the specs and what the s5 specs will be, I have to say I might stick with Samsung. Like many others have stated the removable battery and upgradable sd is enough let alone the 16mp camera that's packed into the s5

alhadee12

Reaction score
I own the note 2 and had the galaxy nexus before that through Verizon. Lately I've been thinking about switching to another carrier or phone manufacturer because of the looooong delays in system upgrades. So when the HTC one m8 was announced got pretty excited about it but after reading up on the specs and what the s5 specs will be, I have to say I might stick with Samsung. Like many others have stated the removable battery and upgradable sd is enough let alone the 16mp camera that's packed into the s5

I got a chance to play with the S5, it's a pretty nice device. The upgrade in technology on phones should keep people from using additional batteries. The HTC One has a SD card slot. In not a picture guy, so I won't speak on that.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I haven't had a chance to actually play with the S5 and the M8 is not due here for awhile. I would like to see them side by side.