Samsung S3 purchase question with Best Buy Gift Card

atomarchio

Reaction score
I received a $500 Best Buy gift card and would like to purchase Samsung S3 phone on Verizon. I am currently using a DroidRazrMaxx but my upgrade is not until 9/27/13. How much would Best Buy charge me for the phone? I see they have $699 on their site but WOULD i pay LESS SINCE i AM EXTENDING MY VERIZON CONTRACT 2 more years? Please let me know. Thanks.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
If you are using an upgrade it would be the upgrade price unless you are buying it with NO contract. I believe it is $50 right now with 2yr Agreement at Best buy!

OP
A

atomarchio

Reaction score
If you are using an upgrade it would be the upgrade price unless you are buying it with NO contract. I believe it is $50 right now with 2yr Agreement at Best buy!
I don't believe that's correct. Verizon bases your ability to get a discount prices on your eligibility date. Since I am 10 months I am wondering if I can get any discount at all below full retail using a best buy gift card.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Sorry, I misread your date.Only Verizon will give you a grace period for early upgrade. Best buy is exact date. You would need to pay full retail price for the S3.

OP
A

atomarchio

Reaction score
Amazon supposedly has the S3 for $.01 if you switch to sprint or ATT. It says they will match verizon current sale price of $49.
With prices like that, I would be reluctant to pay full unlocked price. I would discuss directly with verizon, best buy and amazon.

Two deals from Amazon: 1 cent Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III and $39 AT&T Nokia Lumia 920
I am not going to switch from Verizon. Was hoping to get a suggestion on the least expensive way to go about doing this. It becomes a bit more complicated with the $500 Best Buy gift card though.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not going to switch from Verizon. Was hoping to get a suggestion on the least expensive way to go about doing this. It becomes a bit more complicated with the $500 Best Buy gift card though.

If you are not due for an upgrade, you will have to pay full retail for the device. This will NOT extend your contract and you will NOT be able to extend your contract until you are eligible for an upgrade.

Sorry, but that far out of an upgrade date, you're stuck paying full retail if you so choose to do so. Also keep in mind, you can sell your old phone on swappa.com to help recoup the difference from the gift card.