Samsung S3 purchase question with Best Buy Gift Card

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by atomarchio, Dec 16, 2012.

1. atomarchio

atomarchio New Member

I received a $500 Best Buy gift card and would like to purchase Samsung S3 phone on Verizon. I am currently using a DroidRazrMaxx but my upgrade is not until 9/27/13. How much would Best Buy charge me for the phone? I see they have $699 on their site but WOULD i pay LESS SINCE i AM EXTENDING MY VERIZON CONTRACT 2 more years? Please let me know. Thanks.
  2. hammerhead13

hammerhead13 Member

If you are using an upgrade it would be the upgrade price unless you are buying it with NO contract. I believe it is $50 right now with 2yr Agreement at Best buy!
  3. atomarchio

atomarchio New Member

I don't believe that's correct. Verizon bases your ability to get a discount prices on your eligibility date. Since I am 10 months I am wondering if I can get any discount at all below full retail using a best buy gift card.
  4. hammerhead13

hammerhead13 Member

Sorry, I misread your date.Only Verizon will give you a grace period for early upgrade. Best buy is exact date. You would need to pay full retail price for the S3.
  5. johnm93359

johnm93359 New Member

6. atomarchio

atomarchio New Member

I am not going to switch from Verizon. Was hoping to get a suggestion on the least expensive way to go about doing this. It becomes a bit more complicated with the $500 Best Buy gift card though.
  7. macpro88

macpro88 DF Super Moderator

If you are not due for an upgrade, you will have to pay full retail for the device. This will NOT extend your contract and you will NOT be able to extend your contract until you are eligible for an upgrade.

Sorry, but that far out of an upgrade date, you're stuck paying full retail if you so choose to do so. Also keep in mind, you can sell your old phone on swappa.com to help recoup the difference from the gift card.
Search tags for this page

samsung galaxy s3 $39 bestbuy

samsung galaxy s3 gift card