Samsung Roadmap for Marshmallow Was Supposedly Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Android-Marshmallow-Update-Roadmap.png

If you are the owner of a recent (within the last 2 years) Samsung smartphone who is anxious to try Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your device, then you may want to take a gander at the above image. It is supposedly the leaked roadmap of Samsung's plan to bring Marshmallow to its various current generation devices (and all the way back to the Galaxy S5).

As you can see from the chart, a number of devices are still in the "waiting approval" stage, but at least they are on the upgrade list. It looks like the Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 Edge+ are the first to get the Android 6.x rollout and it will likely be next month. After that, the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are scheduled to get their update in January of next year, while the Galaxy Note 4 and the Galaxy Note Edge are up for February.

Feel free to peruse the chart to see if your particular Samsung device is on the list.

Source: Exclusive: Samsung Galaxy Android Marshmallow Update Roadmap Leaked - Times News UK, World, Gadgets, Mobiles News

Raydee35

Reaction score
I know I am using an older phone but it stinks that us Note 3 owners won't get Marshmallow.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I know I am using an older phone but it stinks that us Note 3 owners won't get Marshmallow.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Unfortunately it's been this way since the beginning. You typically get one major update, not including the small incremental updates in between, (for example Jellybean to KitKat, or KitKat to Lollipop) and occasional two. But it's unheard of to receive three major updates, unless of course your device is rooted.
If you remember, KitKat was supposed to be compatible with pretty much every Android device, except for the very early models....but that never panned out.
I've always said, buy (& enjoy) your device for what it has and what it can do NOW (at the time of purchase), not for what it MAY be able to do later. That way you'll never be disappointed.

S5 tap'n

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
This Note 4 was a great deal so I bit the bullet and got a carrier device, but I think I'll be going back to unlocked only in the future, or better still flashable devices on other carriers. As efficient as Android is becoming there's no reason that we shouldn't be able to run phones on the newest versions for four years or so.

There's also the fact that the update schedule from companies is bad to begin with, and Verizon only compounds things. We already see devs pushing MM ROMs, so the above presumed dates are pretty sad.

Last edited: