1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Samsung Reveals Galaxy Grand Mid-Range Phablet with Dual-SIM Support

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 18, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

If you thought that Samsung would stick with the Galaxy Note series to cover the phablet market they created, then you would be mistaken. Apparently, they are bringing out a new mid-range device to cater to this growing consumer base. It is called the Galaxy Grand and has some similar, yet slimmed down features to the Galaxy Note series. Here's a few:
    • 5-inch TFT display
    • 1.2GHz dual-core processor
    • 8MP rear camera
    • Samsung’s TouchWiz UI (with additional features like "Popup Play for picture-in-picture video viewing as well as S Voice and enhanced gesture support.")
    At first, the device will be available in Asian markets, and will be available as the dual-SIM GT-I9082 followed later by a standard single SIM GT-I9080. In case you aren't sure what a dual-SIM is, here's a quote with the details,

Source: SamsungTomorrow
  2. trestevenson

trestevenson Active Member

Dual SIM seems like a very interesting concept! I'd like to see how this is implemented, and what potential drawbacks might exist. I can definitely see a benefit in having this capability, although I don't know that I have a use for it myself.
Search tags for this page
gt-i9082
samsung galaxy grand

samsung phablet dual sim

skype for samsung captivate
skype on galaxy grand
teardown galaxy grand