Samsung Reports Search Function Removal From International SGS3 Mistake; Fix Coming

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jul 26, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

This is a bit of a head-scratcher. Yesterday we reported that Samsung had applied a stealthy update to the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S III which removed the "local search" feature from the phones, just like the U.S. versions. Everyone reported that it was likely Samsung was simply being extra-cautious considering all of the lawsuits hanging over their head. As it turns out, Samsung has come forward today claiming that this was not the case. Apparently, it was a goof-up and they had no intention of removing the function from the international version. They further elaborated that they plan to offer a fix soon that will restore the functionality. Here's a quote,

Ummm... okay. How do you accidentally send out a patch that disables that particular functionality? Seems strange...

Source: S3Forums via SlashGear
  2. SANhacker

SANhacker New Member

I wonder if it could have anything to do with the Olympics ?
    "software upgrade for the Galaxy S III in the UK included the inadvertent removal of the universal search function"

Let the Conspiracy theories begin...
  3. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Or stay on build IMM76D.OI747UCALEM and keep local search though honestly, I've never really used it. I mean, I don't keep many files on my phone, my apps are in my app drawer and my music is on Google Play. Maybe others have tons of local files and the search is necessary.
  4. Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69 Well-Known Member

I WANT MY LOCAL SEARCH,AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!,sorry,I thought this was a JG Wentworth commercial. :blink:
Search tags for this page

android x2 removable chip