Samsung Removes Anymode Brand "Smart Case" Accessory From Store Amidst Controversy

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jul 19, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,226
    [​IMG]

Recently, Samsung briefly had a new accessory on their site designed specifically for the Galaxy Tab 10.1. It's called the "Smart Case" from Anymode, and the controversy surrounding it stems from the fact that it looks like an obvious "knock-off" of a very similar product for the Apple iPad2, called the "Smart Cover." Samsung immediately pulled the accessory from their website and issued a statement regarding it. They indicated that the accessory never received official "Designed for Samsung Mobile" certification, and that they were "working with Anymode to address this oversight." They also shared that none of the cases had actually been sold.

Does it seem like they are having an almost paranoid, "knee-jerk" reaction to this because of all their legal fights with Apple? It's hard to blame them... it was probably a wise reaction. Check out the pic above for an idea of what the folding case looks like.

Don't forget to discuss this and other stuff related to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Tablet at our dedicated sister-site, @ GalaxyTabForums.net

Source: AndroidTablets.net and GalaxyTabForums.net via Engadget

2. jodyberry

jodyberry Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Unless I've missed it somewhere, I'm surprised none of the tablets have a "kickstand" similar to the Thunderbolt.

Search tags for this page
brand smart stores
how do i remove my phone from my pt smartcase
how to remove a platinum smartcase and holster for samsung g
how to remove pt smart case from phone

pt smartcase

samsung galaxy nexus pt case platinum smartcase holster blac