Samsung Releases Statement On Note 8 Freezing Issues

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy_note_8_back-w782-jpg.78027

Some Galaxy Note 8 users have been reporting that their devices are freezing up and sometimes randomly rebooting. This is even happening when launching Samsung's own contacts app. In fact it mostly seems to happen when using the Samsung contact app, however it is also being reported that the phone freezes and crashes when using other apps like Facebook and WhatsApp. One user had gone through 4 phones in 5 days and the fourth phone was still crashing. When the phone freezes the only way to fix it is a reboot. This is happening several times a day for those affected which would get pretty old.

Samsung released the following statement in response:

“We are aware of a limited number of reports about Note8 devices experiencing an issue with some of their applications. Any consumer who experiences this issue should update their apps in the Samsung Galaxy Store and the Google Play Store. Any consumers with questions should contact us directly at 1-800-SAMSUNG so that we can help them.”

via Phandroid

Attachments

• galaxy_note_8_back-w782.jpg
    galaxy_note_8_back-w782.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 4,083

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just shows every phone may have an issue here or there. Since it's isolated I'm thinking either a RMA or update may fix it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
hopefully all it will need is an update. and I was just thinking the other day how the note 8 released has gone pretty smoothly without problems as in the past. oh well..

Reactions: cr6