Samsung Reconfirms New Flagship For The Second Half Of 2017

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-note7_curve_phone-jpg.77426

Even though Samsung had previously confirmed that the Note lineup is not going anywhere there have been rumors that the Note 8 won't be a thing. The fact that Samsung decided to release a plus model Galaxy S8 has some people afraid that there is no longer a need for a new Note device. Samsung just posted their Q1 2017 earnings report and it is clear that the Note 7 debacle had cut in to revenue in a big way.

Samsung confirmed once again in the earnings report that we can expect a new flagship for the second half of 2017. This is almost certainly the Note 8. This paired with the maximizing of Galaxy S8 and S8+ sales should guarantee a much stronger earnings report this time next year. Do you think the Note 8 will succeed? Do you think that consumers will have enough confidence in the safety precautions Samsung has taken to go ahead with a Note 8 purchase? Are you considering buying the device?

via sammobile

Attachments

• galaxy-note7_curve_phone.jpg
    galaxy-note7_curve_phone.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 3,010

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
If it's anything like that concept video you posted this morning then I'll definitely consider this for my next phone. My current device will be paid off around that time.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If it's anything like that concept video you posted this morning then I'll definitely consider this for my next phone. My current device will be paid off around that time.
Same here, kixfan! Even if it cones close to that concept, this is my next phone and it will be perfect timing as my current will be paid off. Can't wait!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
my V20 will be about a year old by then and mostly paid off... I'm hoping this phone gets rid of that bixby crap... They removed the dedicated camera button years ago... AND YET they can add this stupid button?

Being with verizon I may or may not get one... I haven't rooted my last 2 phones but I still like having the option to do it.