Samsung Recalls "Exploding" Washing Machines

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Can Samsung catch a break?! First the Note 7 was recalled and then later discontinued when it started exploding. Now Samsung is recalling 2.8 million washing machines which have also started to "explode". These washing machines have a defect which cause excessive vibrations. The machines have actually been separating during use. This has caused more than one serious injury including a broken jaw, broken shoulder, and other fall related injuries. Samsung washers sold between 2011 and 2016 are effected. If your washing machine has been recalled Samsung will send someone to fix it for free, or give you a full refund if you purchased within the last 30 days. Alternatively they will give you a rebate which can be used to purchase another machine. Head to the link below to check if your washing machine model matches recalled models.

via CPSC

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Trifecta, TVs could be next.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Funny I was not aware washing machines had batteries too :). make machine spin poorly - load everything on one side of it. BOOM.

Reactions: cr6

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
My front loading machine certainly spins fast, they probably need to work on the construction on it...

Sent from my New Note 7

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My front loading machine certainly spins fast, they probably need to work on the construction on it...

Sent from my New Note 7
Mine spins ludicrously fast, almost don't need to dry stuff afterward but it also is uber sensitive to being out of balance before the final spin. It's very frustrating to check my stuff after it dings and find that it didn't balance out right, thus never cranked up to hamster wheel speed for 12 minutes , forcing the almost all water out.
It's older and not a Samsung.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I've always had a good experience with all of my Samsung products over the years, which is why I'll continue to support them. About a year and a half ago we purchased one of Samsungs very last plasma tv's and we couldn't be happier. We'll probably wait at least another 2-3 years until we upgrade to one of Sammys OLED 4k sets. Despite my positive experience, every company will have a bad batch of products come off the line from time to time.
They'll bounce back from this and the Note fiasco, I'm sure of it.
I mean seriously, if HTC & BlackBerry can still be in business after so many failed devices, a couple of exploding appliances won't seriously hurt the number one electronics company.

DMX, your reporting lately leaves a little to be desired, with your comment about it being an "exploding" washing machine...it's kinda "click baity" to say the least. Machines breaking apart from balancing issues, and an appliance that actually EXPLODES are two completely different things.
C'mon bro, this ain't YouTube.

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
DMX, your reporting lately leaves a little to be desired, with your comment about it being an "exploding" washing machine...it's kinda "click baity" to say the least. Machines breaking apart from balancing issues, and an appliance that actually EXPLODES are two completely different things.
C'mon bro, this ain't YouTube.

S5 tap'n

My generation would call it "check out counter tabloid"
Same deal with exploding phones and other sensationalistic words in thread titles I see sometimes.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
My generation would call it "check out counter tabloid"
Same deal with exploding phones and other sensationalistic words in thread titles I see sometimes.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
Exactly. I only used the "click bait" term because he's an actual YouTube creator and I see it ALL the time. Creators will use sensationalist words in their title or thumbnail photos to get people to view their content when 9 times out of 10, it has absolutely nothing to do with the actual content they've posted.
Not trying to rag on you Shane....most of your articles here (and your videos on YouTube) aren't like that, but crap like this bugs the hell out of me.

S5 tap'n