Samsung puts bada/Tizen Merger on Ice

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
sammylogo1.jpeg

Just a few days after a Samsung exec said the company is working to merge its bada platform with Tizen, Samsung now says it is considering the move but has not yet reached an official decision. The company said in a statement:

We are carefully looking at it as an option to make the platforms serve better for customers. As Samsung's essential part of multi-platform portfolio, bada will continue to play an important role in democratizing smartphone experience in all markets. Samsung will also support open source based development and continue to work together with other industry stakeholders.

This is a quick change in direction that leaves us scratching our heads.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
i bet google probably wasnt all that happy lol, not to mention the phone os market is a very competitive one (this is basically an iOS/android/windows mobile type os, unless im mistaken, right?) just look at how blackberry, the former "only" smartphone, is doing these days, not to mention windows mobile too

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
i bet google probably wasnt all that happy lol, not to mention the phone os market is a very competitive one (this is basically an iOS/android/windows mobile type os, unless im mistaken, right?) just look at how blackberry, the former "only" smartphone, is doing these days, not to mention windows mobile too
yes it's going to be a whole new Linux based OS. I was thinking the same thing in regards to Samsung and it's partners....

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
It seemed real premature to me, in a couple of years if you see an opening but now, another OS is just noise.