Samsung Publicly Dismisses “Leaked Phone Specs” From Earlier Today

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Samsung-Logo.jpg

The Android blogosphere was turned upside down today over the supposed leaked specs regarding Samsung’s upcoming devices. Many believed these specs were too good to be true and as it turns out — they were. Samsung took to their official blog today to set the record straight.

Regarding the Rumors of Future Mobile Device Launches
Some media have been reporting that Samsung is preparing to launch nine new smartphones and two new tablet devices. While Samsung is continuously working on new devices for our customers, the details being cited are not accurate in this case.

We appreciate the interest in our upcoming mobile devices and will share more information once its available.
It’s a rare case when Samsung speaks out on rumors and speculations regarding their upcoming devices but this is one such rare instance where they did. That has to tell you that these rumors were so outlandish, they couldn’t keep quiet.

SOURCE: Androinica » Samsung says those Android rumored specs you saw are total BS

Reaction score
I'm sure Motorola was going to do that for the Bionic, but they just couldn't keep up.

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
that or you guys are just being gullable :) no one considered the fact that maybe samsung is just saying that so other manufactures dont see what they have planned and say if thats what their doing were going to do this.. Anyone? lol its kinda obvious no manufacture will come out n say oh ya nice fine yap thats what were doing alright. Instead theyll say NOO, NEVER... We never thought of that... (CEO: Ey john go find whoever leaked this and FIRE HIM!)

Cipherr

Reaction score
Pshaw, they saw all of us canceling those Galaxy SII preorders and decided to panic and try and fool us into thinking the leak was a hoax!

I want to believe :(

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
lol ya. i mean cmon we all know they wouldnt come out and confirm it, all they always do is deny it untill they release it and then they say Hey look what we have, fooled you.

Detonation

Reaction score
From the source article:

The fact that Samsung commented on rumors at all, something you rarely see any phone manufacturer do, will probably lead some people to think that the company is really just trying to downplay something that’s true that it’s not ready to make public.

That's what I'm thinking. It happens all the time. Rumor leaks > Official comment saying "its false" > months later > it's true.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well I think they are false. MY OPINION. I mean come one a 5.29in phone seems ridiculous...might as well be a mini tablet

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Well I think they are false. MY OPINION. I mean come one a 5.29in phone seems ridiculous...might as well be a mini tablet

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!
Dell Streak anyone?