1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Samsung Publicly Dismisses “Leaked Phone Specs” From Earlier Today

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Malvado, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

[​IMG]

The Android blogosphere was turned upside down today over the supposed leaked specs regarding Samsung’s upcoming devices. Many believed these specs were too good to be true and as it turns out — they were. Samsung took to their official blog today to set the record straight.

It’s a rare case when Samsung speaks out on rumors and speculations regarding their upcoming devices but this is one such rare instance where they did. That has to tell you that these rumors were so outlandish, they couldn’t keep quiet.

SOURCE: Androinica » Samsung says those Android rumored specs you saw are total BS
  2. steveninspokane

steveninspokane New Member

I'm sure Motorola was going to do that for the Bionic, but they just couldn't keep up.
  3. pwrdbykyank

pwrdbykyank New Member

that or you guys are just being gullable :) no one considered the fact that maybe samsung is just saying that so other manufactures dont see what they have planned and say if thats what their doing were going to do this.. Anyone? lol its kinda obvious no manufacture will come out n say oh ya nice fine yap thats what were doing alright. Instead theyll say NOO, NEVER... We never thought of that... (CEO: Ey john go find whoever leaked this and FIRE HIM!)
  4. zacoman

zacoman New Member

how can i post a thread? i cant figure it out.
  5. Cipherr

Cipherr New Member

Pshaw, they saw all of us canceling those Galaxy SII preorders and decided to panic and try and fool us into thinking the leak was a hoax!

I want to believe :(
  6. pwrdbykyank

pwrdbykyank New Member

lol ya. i mean cmon we all know they wouldnt come out and confirm it, all they always do is deny it untill they release it and then they say Hey look what we have, fooled you.
  7. Detonation

Detonation New Member

From the source article:

That's what I'm thinking. It happens all the time. Rumor leaks > Official comment saying "its false" > months later > it's true.
  8. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

Well I think they are false. MY OPINION. I mean come one a 5.29in phone seems ridiculous...might as well be a mini tablet

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!
  9. DaWolf85

DaWolf85 New Member

Dell Streak anyone?