Samsung Pokes Fun at Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Rumors with Fake Devices

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Norway-Galaxy-S6-concepts-640x413.jpg

Samsung's marketing team is apparently not above teasing around with the media. They posted a series of fake Samsung devices on a "is this the next?" landing page of their website. Five different images are posted of these fake smartphones designed to have a bit of "trollish" fun with the media's penchant for latching on to rumors.

Above you can see four of the fake devices in all their oddly creative glory. As you can see, we have a smartphone that reminds us of a Rubik's Cube, a strange folding egg-shaped phone and a couple more anomalies. Some of these are definitely a humorous take on the 3-sided display rumors...

Several of these smartphones might not be too bad as real devices! What do you guys think?

Source: Samsung

Don't forget to hit up our dedicated Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge section here: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge General Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Last edited:

boidsonly

Reaction score
I had gone and given this phone a "must check it out when released" mental note until I heard a rumor it was going to be around 1K in price. If true, what is Samsung thinking?

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's still just rumor and only applies to the Galaxy S6 Edge. It's possible it will be more expensive, but that high of a price is unlikely.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I had gone and given this phone a "must check it out when released" mental note until I heard a rumor it was going to be around 1K in price. If true, what is Samsung thinking?

Yeah, it's just a rumor at this point like dgstorm said.

The rumor stems from a report out of Europe about the S6 Edge. The rumored off-contract price for the S6 Edge is €949 for 64GB and €1,049 for 128GB. Those prices convert to roughly $1,076 and $1,189 respectively. The rumor has the standard S6 priced at €749 ($849) for 32GB, €849 ($963) for 64GB, and €949 ($1,076) for 128GB.

Besides the fact that this is just a rumor right now, it's important to remember that pricing is rarely set at the same level globally. Europe often sees higher retail prices than the U.S. does.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Am I the only one who thinks the oval looking device in the upper left corner of the pic, is kinda cool looking?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Reminds me of the pear shaped phones which are spoof on the iPhone and have a pear symbol on them that are used in the iCarly television series.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol.. I don't watch TV much.. So.. You'll have to let me have a pass on that one. Lol

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Better question... Why are you watching iCarly?

Hehehe... Um, it's for Freddie's impressive videography talents....yeah, that's it! ;):D

Besides, I like Sam and Kat better! LOL!

icarly_200919_top.jpg

jplemt

Reaction score
Well, Jenette McCurdy had some adult photos leaked onto the net a while back... Google... Haha, she's 23, or 24, I can't remember which.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well, Jenette McCurdy had some adult photos leaked onto the net a while back... Google... Haha, she's 23, or 24, I can't remember which.

Actually they weren't "adult" but were "racy", if you consider pics in lacy undergarments and provocative or "teasing" poses racy, however any that are NSFW are photoshopped and aren't true pics of her.

But back on track guys and gals.

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Samsung's pricing is on par with Apple's. The major difference being that you have less hurdles to overcome for getting things done with a Sammy device.