Samsung Plans to Sue Apple Over iPhone 5 LTE Patent Violations Right Out of the Gate

dfcfu342

Reaction score
As pointed out by others LTE is not an industry standard and so doesn't fall under FRAND rules. There is no industry standard "4g" as of yet, its all marketing at this point with three different systems in place.

captdroid

Reaction score
That would rule

+1 down with Apple! Just another chinese knockoff anyway. Who are people kidding that Apple is some kind of great American Company. BS! Down with Apple. Long live Samsung!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You know.. its not a hatred of apple that compels me to want them wiped off the board...

Its what they stand for now... IMHO, it seems like they're doing everything dirty and underhanded to keep the competition from over running them.. and then they release this excuse for an iphone... wtf!?!?!?

The us patent system is broken and is working in their (iOS) favor... that's wrong.

My big thing is this... I hate bullies.. its stupid to try to conduct business or life that way... I'm waiting for someone to make them look at how they are conducting themselves.. and wake them up.

All they're doing is killing creativity... that's slowing down progress... how do we know what they could be preventing??

they don't, we don't... but one thing is for sure... spending billions on legal costs and defense, takes billions from r&d..

I think we should just put the CEO's through boot camp and then stick em out on an island... lets see how much of a fight they really want to put up.. IMHO

Off my soapbox..

jseah

Reaction score
CNET had posted a comment someone made over Twitter, that Mark Cuban had retweeted, and it is very appropriate. The comment basically said that Apple has become the product that they were against in the iconic 1984 ad.

Years ago, when the Apple computer held a minuscule single-digit market share against the "establishment" that was Microsoft and the PC, Apple was the darling of the counter-culturalists. Now Apple has become "the man".

Last edited:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Personally I think this is pretty stupid and immature of Samsung and nothing more than a case of sour grapes.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Personally I think this is pretty stupid and immature of Samsung and nothing more than a case of sour grapes.

This is true but....apples law suits have been what??? Lol... :blink:

But I understand what you mean..

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sammie will get there money back, plus a few bucks. Then Apple will strike again. Then Sammie. Eventually they figure out that only the lawyers are making any money.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

The sad part tho....ppl defend Apple for defending their patents. Those folks say its every companies right to defend their patents. Maybe....Samsung wouldnt have even thought of doing this....until the lawsuit.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
This is true but....apples law suits have been what??? Lol... :blink:

But I understand what you mean..

True. But Sammy is doing nothing more than sinking to Apple's level. They should have just taken their licks, moved on and worry about the next step in technology. Instead of playing the "you sue me, I sue you". This is time, resources and money that could be utilized for something more beneficial to the whole mobile phone community. Like designing better, stronger and more efficient radios for their devices.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
...They should have just taken their licks, moved on and worry about the next step in technology. Instead of playing the "you sue me, I sue you"...

Bullies rarely learn their lesson and mend their ways by you walking away from having your butt handed to you. You fight back, win or lose, or you remain their favorite punching bag whenever they're bored or need more lunch money. When Apple's litigious ways become too expensive, they will stop.

Not before.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Indeed. Who's going to walk away when a company is trying to take billions from your bottom line? Apple started a war and now they literally have no one backing them and almost every manufacturer with their backs up and ready to fight it out.