Samsung Plans to Sue Apple if They Release an LTE iPhone

jseah

Reaction score
This would probably cause more damage to Apple then what Apple did to Samsung. Since Samsung would be going after the brand new iPhone 5, instead of what Apple did and targeted older phones. Like the GS, GSII, etc.

Apple has already amended their requested injunction list to include 4 newer phones, which includes the GSIII.

sb1831

Reaction score
I'm going to say that there is a 1% chance that Apple while in the midst of litigation with Samsung would not have done their homework on what LTE patents Samsung does potentially possess. Even given that 1% I would say there is a .1% chance that they would knowingly violate patents of a company that just lost a $1B judgement to them. They're smug, not stupid.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apple always has a way out. They will claim that 4G LTE technology is unreliable. They will say that it is a battery drain and that signal hand-offs have not been perfected by carriers. Instead they will release the iPhone 5 with dual 3G/4G antennae and claim that speed has tripled over the previous technology. The masses don't care if it has LTE or not, just that it has a larger screen. My 2 cents.

Reaction score
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Apple did this. The only carrier that has a large lte roll out is Verizon.