Samsung Plans to Sue Apple if They Release an LTE iPhone

armeddroid

Reaction score
Narsil said:
Rectangular devices with rounded corners are pretty much "standard."

Rectangular devices that are thicker at one end than the other are pretty much "standard."

That didn't stop Apple from suing.

Thas the trade dress design which is currently being disputed. LTE is something different. IDC that Samsung is going for Apple on this LTE and 10% of the market is an exceptional margin. My curiosity is can Sammy win this battle?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thas the trade dress design which is currently being disputed. LTE is something different. IDC that Samsung is going for Apple on this LTE and 10% of the market is an exceptional margin. My curiosity is can Sammy win this battle?

Even if an injuction were granted, can't it be overturned because it would be too detrimental for a popular product to be banned since our economy needs the exchange of money now more than ever? I thought I heard that somewhere

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Droidram56 said:
But suppose Samsung does sue Apple and wins. Would they use that precedent against Moto, HTC, LG, etc. at some point?

I doubt they would. I think it is entirely retaliation, not trolling. Don't forget, Moto has old patents that are so vague they only say radio in them; not a good idea to go after them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

armeddroid

Reaction score
Even if an injuction were granted, can't it be overturned because it would be too detrimental for a popular product to be banned since our economy needs the exchange of money now more than ever? I thought I heard that somewhere

Your right.
It can be overturned provided it would be a positive impact vs a negative one.
How would it affect USA if the Iphone was banned?
If it wasnt?
Would our economy go into shambles more then it already is?
Apple is the number one company in the US if not the world in terms of assets and their pockets.

Capitalism at its finest no matter how unhealthy our vision of the idea currently is.
:icon_eek:

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
my hope is that Sammy gets Apple to back the **** off and progress will keep moving forward.

Apple makes good stuff there is no denying that but so does Sammy. Let the dust settle and then continue with pumping out incredible products.

on a funnier note. I think they should Hunger Games this debate. Pick 12 people from each company, from different departments (CEO's included) and let them fight to the death. Whoever wins gets to make the decision

B

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
This would probably cause more damage to Apple then what Apple did to Samsung. Since Samsung would be going after the brand new iPhone 5, instead of what Apple did and targeted older phones. Like the GS, GSII, etc.

armeddroid

Reaction score
This would probably cause more damage to Apple then what Apple did to Samsung. Since Samsung would be going after the brand new iPhone 5, instead of what Apple did and targeted older phones. Like the GS, GSII, etc.

Well, its stated that they didnt bother going after the IPAD LTE.
They wanna hit Apple where it hurts.
Their baby, the Iphone.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Well, its stated that they didnt bother going after the IPAD LTE.
They wanna hit Apple where it hurts.
Their baby, the Iphone.

Plus, the iPhone 5 will be more of an upgrade than the new iPad was. So, more people are going to want it. Imagine, if Samsung was able to ban the iPhone 5, and delay its launch. That would be a huge blow to Apple.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Plus, the iPhone 5 will be more of an upgrade than the new iPad was. So, more people are going to want it. Imagine, if Samsung was able to ban the iPhone 5, and delay its launch. That would be a huge blow to Apple.

It would be one of the best days of my life.

Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, from my hTc Thunderbolt

armeddroid

Reaction score

Yurr
If Samsung pulls that off.
And with all that anticipation? We might have iFans trying to convince Apple, themselves to stop the patent wars.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Yurr
If Samsung pulls that off.
And with all that anticipation? We might have iFans trying to convince Apple, themselves to stop the patent wars.

Or, they get enraged, and go "thermal nuclear" on Samsung.

Either way what will Apple ban? The Galaxy S III? The GS3 has been out for MONTHS. The anticipation for it is gone. Nothing like what would happen with the iPhone 5.