Samsung Planning to Ship 10 Million SGS4s in First Month & 30 Million by July

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
GalaxyS4-Press-partials.jpg

Samsung is very confident of the success for their newest flagship, the Galaxy S4. According to a report at DigiTimes, Samsung has ordered a massive amount of parts from its suppliers. They supposedly expect to ship upwards of 10 Million SGS4 smartphones in the first month of availability, and 30 Million by the beginning of July. Here's a quote with the details,

Samsung Electronics plans to introduce its Galaxy S4 at the end of April in 50 countries and sources from the supply chain predict shipments in the first month will be close to 10 million units. There have been no rumors regarding component shortages.

Sources predict demand within the first month of the launch will be around 10 million units and 30 million in the second quarter of 2013 as the penetration rate of smartphones continues to grow and Samsung is currently the leading brand. In addition, the Galaxy S4 has better features than the Galaxy S3, hence sales of the product are expected to exceed its predecessor.

Is Samsung getting a little ahead of themselves, or are these numbers likely to be accurate? Supposedly Samsung is working with 327 telecom carriers around the world in 150 different countries, so maybe these numbers might actually be conservative... :blink:

Source: DigiTimes

beckx020

Reaction score
I'm a Moto girl from way back. But this time I picked an S3. So, I'm betting that the figures are conservative for the S4.

52brandon

Reaction score
conservative. The world is quietly waiting for this phone. Will be the first galaxy S device I get. I love my galaxy nexus and switching to T-Mobile, the timing is just perfect for this