Samsung Pay Now Supports Capital One

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Samsung Pay is still my favorite way to make payments. It just works everywhere! I have only recently been able to hop on board since my bank Regions was finally added months ago. Now Capital One members can also join in on the fun. This update brings support for many cards including Venture, Venture One, Quicksilver, QuicksilverOne, Platinum, Journey, Secured Mastercard, Spark Cash, Spark Miles, Spark Cash Select, Spark Miles Select, and Spark Classic. Go ahead and open up the Samsung Pay app and add your Capital One card!

via Samsung

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This is great news for Samsung phone users. It is only natural given Samsung is running alone with this project. For me, I only own a Samsung Galaxy S7 so I can use the VR Gear with it. My daily runner is the Motorola Droid Turbo 2 and I prefer it to the S7 for many reasons, though unimportant for this thread.

Those of you who carry the Samsung phones which support Samsung Pay Now, tell us if you're using it and what you like about it, and what you don't.

realged13

Reaction score
So far I only have one card that works with it, Citi. When we were traveling at the beach couple weeks ago I didn't have my wallet. So I opened the app real fast, selected the card and got my phone close to the card reader and worked instantly. I like how it gives me a receipt afterwards as well.

I wish more banks would adopt it much faster. I also own a Capital One credit card, so I will be adding that as well. Living in NC I am stuck with the smaller banks and can't bank with someone like Chase who I imagine will have it for too much longer.

shockracer

Reaction score
Samsung Pay is 1 of 4 reasons I went with the Note 7 (IP68, VR, wireless charging are the others) and I use it everywhere I can. I wish the MST would broadcast a little stronger for those thicker card readers but I'm sure it will get better. When I used it for the first time Samsung gave me $20 just for using it. When I replaced my Note 7 for the V2 and used Samsung Pay for the first time on it they gave me another $10, there have been other gifts too.

I'm hoping one day that I'll be able to carry everything on my phone and have no need for a wallet.

Last edited:

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
apparently not all Capital one cards, i have one and it doesn't work with samsung pay. have tried it twice and just keeps saying its not a supported card.