Samsung Pay Gets Support for Chase Bank Credit & Debit Cards

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-Pay-chase.jpg

Although Samsung Pay has the hardware technical capabilities to work at more locations than either Apple Pay, Google Pay or any of the other mobile payment options, that doesn't mean you still don't need support on the back end of things. For any mobile payment system to work, you still need to be able to function with each and every credit card or debit card that your customers may want to use. You still have to "load" the payment app with funds from somewhere...

Luckily for Samsung, their support base keeps getting bigger and bigger. The latest report indicates that Chase Bank has added their support to the Samsung Pay hopper. That's a very big player to jump into the mobile payment support fray, adding further legitimacy to their system. According to multiple reports across the web, whenever folks compare Samsung Pay to any of the other mobile payment systems, it comes out ahead simply by virtue of working so easily at more locations than the others. The more support Samsung Pay gets on the back end from various banking agencies, the more it will push mobile payments to the mainstream.

Please speculate on how long it will take for mobile payment systems to replace plastic credit cards...

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Woohoo....works from my bank as well!!! All set up I can't wait to use it!

from my sexy edge+

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Certainly has an advantage. Works more places and Samsung, like Apple, does NOT track your purchases...
That is a plus...I haven't looked into much...but have it set up and plan to research some tonight.

from my sexy edge+

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Wish it supported my credit union. Maybe eventually.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
There was no official announcement for my bank.....I just stumbled across it in the Chase announcement.

from my sexy edge+

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I keep trying. I assume they need to get the bank's cooperation also which will take some time getting all the local credit unions that exist.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
We use Navy Federal...I figured it would be awhile before it worked...

from my sexy edge+

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
But then again, I'm only guessing. I could get pleasantly surprised sometime soon. Some time when I have a moment I'm going to stop into my bank and ask them to find out how they can get on board.