Samsung opens its first Galaxy Store in Peru; Now they really are copying Apple

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-store.jpg

Speaking more about Samsung copying Apple... here is a story in which it is absolutely cut and dried, like a piece of beef jerky! Samsung may really be copying Apple, but this time there will be no patent lawsuits, and perhaps it is actually a really good, but old, idea. Samsung just opened up its first Galaxy Store in Peru. In this instance, this is simply smart business. If you are a company that strives for success and you see a marketing angle that has been successful for the competition, you grab that idea and run with it too. Apple's "Apple Stores" have been a big success for them so far, and Samsung might be "taking a Que from that success." (or maybe they are just engaging in smart marketing that has been around for a while... :wink:)

Consumers can wander into the new "Galaxy Store" and check out Samsung's new innovations in smartphones & tablets. If you live in that area of the world, or are traveling that direction, you can find the store in the Open Plaza Angamos Mall. Samsung is partnered with South American telecoms company Claro for this store and more. They even had a giveaway where some lucky shoppers received free tablets and smartphones.

Who knows? Pretty soon, we could start seeing Samsung Galaxy Stores all over the world. How would you feel about that?

Source: Phandroid

Last edited:

ezizzle95

Reaction score
Why do they keep copying apple? they clearly don't need to. The people that don't buy samsung (like myself) don't buy because their stupid UI that bites off of apple like crazy. They have good hardware, but doing stuff like this is bringing patent lawsuits upon themselves. I don't care if apple sues them any more, their just being dumb.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
A company opening their own store is copying Apple? Hmm...

ezizzle95

Reaction score
I wasn't really talking about this in perticular. Just how even their tablets look verry close to the ipad, and how their UI icons look almost identicle. I'm just saying that android is better than that, and so is samsung. They don't need to make their UI look like that. To be honest I don't know anyone that likes touchwiz, yet they continue to use it and don't try something else.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
My comment wasn't directed at you. Sorry for the misunderstanding. It's just the whole Apple thing makes me wanna..well you know.. :eek:

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Sony copied Apple when they opened the Sony Store in 1970.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You know that's what Apple is going to say... "We had our store's first!" Luckily this isn't something that anyone can sue over. :)

jfe

Reaction score
I had Peruvian food for lunch yesterday, yummy.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sony copied Apple when they opened the Sony Store in 1970.

Yeppers... Sony used a time machine to go forward in time and see what Apple was doing so that they could copy it. Too bad it didn't work for Sony in the 70's...

Big Ry

Reaction score
Apple just patented "opening up a store to sell electronics" Sammy and radioshack are screwed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
In that case, Apple copied nearly every clothing store that sells their own brand along with every computer store that only sells Windows machines. I'm sorry, this is really stretching it to say Samsung copied Apple.

That being said, I dont' know if Samsung even needed a storefront. Maybe in Peru, it is necessary, but in the US, its not since there are so many carrier stores out there.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In that case, Apple copied nearly every clothing store that sells their own brand along with every computer store that only sells Windows machines. I'm sorry, this is really stretching it to say Samsung copied Apple.

That being said, I dont' know if Samsung even needed a storefront. Maybe in Peru, it is necessary, but in the US, its not since there are so many carrier stores out there.

I realize now that I didn't interject enough sarcasm into the article... I was too subtle. Thanks for the tip... I will edit it now to make it more obvious.

Last edited: