Samsung Officially Outs the Galaxy A7 with Metal Body and 5.5" Display

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Introduces-Galaxy-A7-for-a-Seamless-Social-Experience.jpg

Even though this fall we saw a couple of new Samsung devices unveiled (namely the Galaxy A3 & A5), it looks like Sammy isn't finished offering up new devices, even though the Galaxy S6 announcement is only a couple months away.

Today Samsung officially revealed the Galaxy A7. The unique claim to fame (at least compared to other Samsung products) is its full metal body design. It also happens to have a large screen and a super-thin case. Heres' the full breakdown of internals:
  • 5.5 inch HD Super AMOLED display
  • Only 6.3mm thick with metal unibody design
  • 2GB of RAM
  • Two optional CPU configurations depending on region: 64-bit Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC (with four Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.5GHz and four Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.0GHz) or a 32-bit Octa-Core Exynos 5430 SoC (with four 32-bit Cortex-A15 cores, clocked at 1.8GHz, coupled with four Cortex-A7 cores clocked at 1.3GHz)
  • Single SIM version offers 4G LTE and the Dual-SIM offers only 3G
  • 13MP rear facing camera
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • Android 4.4 KitKat
  • Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS
  • The LTE versions include NFC
  • 2,600 mAh battery
Pricing and availability are unknown at this time, but we will share more details as they are given. Does this seem like Samsung spam or a decent mid-range device?

Source: Samsung Introduces Galaxy A7 for a Seamless Social Experience 8211 Samsung Electronics Official Blog Samsung Tomorrow Samsung Electronics Official Blog

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This is the one that's supposed to take over for the others in the "A" series, isn't it?

I remember reading something after their earnings report and their statement that they were going to restructure their mobile division that said they were opting to focus on only a couple "tiers" as far as "premium" and "budget-friendly" devices and I seem to remember them saying those other "A" devices were going away.

[Extra "quotation marks" for good measure.]

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will always look different from an iPhone with those blaring letters across the front of the phone that read SAMSUNG.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
It seems most of the new phones are iPhone clones. :rolleyes: Samsung is too late in releasing this, I was looking for a phone like this when I needed to upgrade. But, since I didn't like the plastic versions of the Samsung Galaxy phones, I decided on the Sony Z3. (I still think that even the Z3 is too iPhone-like) I would have liked to have the IR feature of the Samsung. Not sure why Sony included an IR with the Z2 tablet but not with any of their more recent phones. Overall I'm happy with my Z3 (still waiting for a root exploit though)

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
This phone is targeted for outside of the U.S. I'm fairly certain the dual sim version will sell well. LTE is non-existent in a lot of countries so 3G is all that is needed. That coupled with expandable memory will make this phone popular.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
This is the one that's supposed to take over for the others in the "A" series, isn't it?

I remember reading something after their earnings report and their statement that they were going to restructure their mobile division that said they were opting to focus on only a couple "tiers" as far as "premium" and "budget-friendly" devices and I seem to remember them saying those other "A" devices were going away.

[Extra "quotation marks" for good measure.]

Correct. The "A" series is supposed to be more of a budget series for Samsung from here on out. And as Ollie said, they'll be released primarily outside of the U.S.

tweetttt

Reaction score
try the Oppo R5.. it's really thin n great specs.. I'm using Find 7a and it's a blast... but 2GB RAM.. looking forward to getting the ones with the 4 GB RAM.. and taking photos are superb.n they self-beautify and u don't get to see the yellowish or greenish undertone..