Samsung Officially Announces the Galaxy K Zoom

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;S6pdF6pgeeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6pdF6pgeeo[/video]​

Samsung's newest flagship phone-camera hybrid was just officially announced last night. The Galaxy K Zoom marries the concept of a powerful smartphone with an actual physical lens-equipped camera, capable of 10x Optical Zoom and more.

Samsung_Galaxy_K_Zoom_Specifications.jpg

Here's a breakdown of the specs for the phone part of the device:
  • 4.8 inch 720p (1280 x 720) Super AMOLED Display
  • Hexa core processor (1.3GHz Quad-Core + 1.7GHz Dual-Core)
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 8GB of internal storage
  • A microSD slot for expanded storage
  • 2MP front-facing camera
  • 2,430 mAh battery
  • LTE, Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4+5GHz
  • Android 4.4 KitKat
  • Weighs 200 grams and is 16.6mm thick
Here's the breakdown of features and specs for the built-in lens and camera:
  • 10x optical zoom from its new retracting lens technology
  • 20.7MP BSI CMOS sensor
  • Optical image stabilization (OIS)
  • Xenon Flash
  • Advanced features like the AF/AE separation (/Auto Focus/ Auto Exposure Separation - which offers precise balance of light and clarity).
  • Pro Suggest mode gives you 5 optimized filter settings
  • Selfie Alarm allows you to take timed selfies
  • A total of 28 shooting modes.
Could this be the perfect device for shutterbugs who also want a great Samsung phone? The K Zoom device will go on sale in the Netherlands and other European countries on May 21 for €499 ($692). There is currently no word on pricing or availability in any other parts of the globe. If that changes we will keep you updated.

Source: Samsung Tomorow

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I would have thought they would have beefed up the specs a bit. I wonder if it feels balanced in your hand.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
This is something I want to buy my parents. My Mom loves her Asus Transformer tablet and is sufficiently knowledgeable in Android and my Dad has a Galaxy Note. They have the worst camera now and this would definitely fill a gap for them. My Dad insists on being the only person to take pictures off their existing camera so my Mom can't ever e-mail them when she wants to. On this she could e-mail them directly from the camera. The downside is how long the charge lasts for pictures. Would it last and entire day at Disneyland? Last time I went to Yosemite with my family I took 500+ pictures a day on my DSLR and didn't have to change the battery during the day and charged it at night.

landmark

Reaction score
Wow! This is cool. I would love to have one. My SLR is too heavy this one is much lighter.

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to read reviews from real users over time. I like the idea of one day having a phone/camera combo that even the most demanding shutter-bug would be happy with, while still maintaining a thin, light design. I don't know if that'll ever really happen, but phone cameras sure have come a long, long way.