Samsung Now Allows You To Disable The Bixby Button

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
apps_bixbyoverview_feature01_pc-jpg.77894

The Bixby Button is Samsung's attempt to get those using their millions of new handsets to use the Samsung created voice assistant. Bixby is their answer to Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. In some ways it can actually do more than either voice assistant. On the Galaxy S8 and Note 8 Bixby can seem a bit redundant. Those phones also feature Google Assistant which comes standard with Android. I find myself using Google's service almost exclusively.

That being said I have accidentally launched Bixby a time or two on my Note 8 by hitting that dedicated button that sits just below the volume rocker. If you do that a time or two you start looking for a way to turn it off. Until now Samsung has blocked all apps that allow for the button to be turned off or remapped. It looks like Samsung is finally hearing our pain regarding this matter. The latest Bixby app update include a Bixby button toggle so you can turn the button off if it gets in your way. Even if you toggle off the button you can still access Bixby voice by long pressing the button. If the Bixby button has been giving you heartache you should check your app to see if you have the update with the on/off switch.

via SamMobile

Attachments

• apps_bixbyoverview_feature01_pc.jpg
    apps_bixbyoverview_feature01_pc.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,747

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
What do you think of your Note 8 so far?

realged13

Reaction score
I love my Note 8. Biggest complain, the Bixby button. I find myself time and time again pressing it instead of the volume rocker and getting taken off the screen.

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
They should just let people map it to an app of their choosing if they don't want to use Bixby. That phone is too costly to have a button wasted. :)

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
what bixby button :) seriously, I have absolutely no use for bixby. I have alexa and she would get jealous if I used another assistant. I would love to give the button another use instead of it just sitting there. How about as a home button :)

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
The Bixby Button should Put the phone in High Performance Mode and turn it into the Hulk. lol

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
I'm currently rocking the horrible LG V10. 2 more payments and this "wonderful" piece of sh*t er...um I mean tech will be all mine. I can then finally upgrade and be done with it. It will make a wonderful music player for the gym as long as I don't have to enable the cell radio, which kills the battery in a matter of 2 or 3 hours. My experience with this phone has soured my opinion of LG phones and driven me back to Samsung. Loved my Note 3 and my son is still using it 4 years later. Looking forward to the Note 8.