Samsung Note Pro 12.2 pros/ cons

Discussion in 'Samsung Tablet Discussions' started by rkirk, Aug 11, 2015.

1. rkirk

rkirk Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Current Phone Model:
    razr maxx
    Hi everyone,
    I just purchased a Samsung Note Pro 12.2 WiFi off of Swappa.
    Can anyone tell me what kind cons I may be looking forward to? I've never even used a Samsung before. Appears to have pretty good specs.
    My laptop is a Lenovo touchscreen (company computer). I've been real happy with it. Actually getting the Note Pro for my wife, so she's not asking for my laptop as soon as I get home from work. Lol.
    Anyways just looking for any feed back.
    Thanks alot

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,485
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    The only cons that come to my mind is that the resolution of the screen isn't high enough for me. I wish they would have bumped it up a bit. There also aren't any cases that I could find that had a locking tab to keep the tablet upright while picking it up. Whenever I go to set it down again I have to stick the back of the case into the tongue and groove again. I wish Zoogue would make one for it.

I've been using mine for work and a little bit of play and I will not settle for a small screen again. I hope they release an updated version soon.

It recently received the Lollipop update and it improved my battery life on it.

The tablet is beast.

3. rkirk

rkirk Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Current Phone Model:
    razr maxx
    Great, thanks for that. The guy I've purchased it from also included a logitec keyboard. I think it doubles as a case too. Probably a light one at that. I hear the keyboard works pretty good.
    The screen size was one request my wife had. She's been used to using my laptop and want to go to a small screen sized tablet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

4. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,485
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    Mine doubles as my wife's netflix/movie/tv streaming device once she realized how much larger the screen size is compared to her iPad.

I owned the 10.1 prior to this one and it had front facing speakers. With the 12.2 they moved the speakers to the side of the chasis and I was concerned that it would be a lesser experience. It has great sound though and I can't tell the difference between it and the 10.1.

If you do any sort of PDF mark ups or any kind of excel spreadsheet work like I do the included S-Pen is a huge bonus. It makes selecting cells and writing on PDFs far more intuitive than without one.