Samsung Note 3 wifi issues

madfrais

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung note 3
I've owned this note 3 for maybe 2 months. I noticed in the first few weeks of owning it that it was very slow at times and would not work properly. Text messages wouldn't send and apps wouldn't install after downloading . After a lot of wondering I discovered that my issue is when I'm connected to any wifi. My alarm would not work and my lock screen wouldn't work with music apps and more. I have no idea how to fix or trouble shoot this. I know its because of wifi. I've tried 4 different wifi locations and it's the same issues. The Internet browsing and apps work fine off wifi, it's the phone that starts to act up. Any ideas? I've already reset my phone plenty of times.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

It's pretty strange that it wouldn't work in multiple locations. Were they all public (open) hotspots?

OP
M

madfrais

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung note 3
Welcome to the forum

It's pretty strange that it wouldn't work in multiple locations. Were they all public (open) hotspots?
These wifi locations are : home (personal), work, a close friends, starbucks. So it's a variety. I've already spoke to my provider and they offered to swap my phone. They had no idea either. But I just want to know what's the problem. Can always swap later.