Samsung Not Only Company Working on Octa-Core Chip; Huawei Cortex-A15 In Works Too

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
huawei-live.jpg

Apparently, 2013 will be the year of "eight"... eight cores that is. Samsung isn't the only company with an octa-core mobile processor in the works. It looks like the Chinese company, Huawei is also working on a Cortex-A15 based 8-core mobile processor as well. Here's a quote sharing the new chipset's name,
We’ll have to add one more to the list, as Huawei’s Richard Yu has confirmed to Engadget that it will be challenging Samsung in the octa-core processor race with the company’s Cortex-A15 chip, which will be unveiled in the second half of 2013. Other details are still scarce, but Yu is likely referring to the upcoming HiSilicon K3V3 processor.

Other than what we have shared above, there really isn't much else known about this new competitor superchip from Huawei. As always, we will keep you guys informed when more details emerge. In the mean-time, what do you guys think of all these chipset advancements?

Source: AndroidAuthroity

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If the mobie world has taught me anything about mobile processors, it's that; first gen is exciting, but second gen is more impressive. Dual core CPUs from later this year are far more impressive than the dual cores of 2011. S4 dual cores are way more effecient not only in performance but also in battery consumption. We saw that a dual core S4 could take on quad core CPUs like Tegra 3 very well.

Honestly, I bet the quad core processors of 2013 will rival these octacore CPUs. It's cool to see them, but I'll wait for the 2014 models.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Totally agree. The only one I'm betting will be great is the Tegra4 chipset. Can't wait to see what that bad boy has to offer.