1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Samsung Nexus Prime set to dwarf iPhone 4/5?

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by Shadez, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Yesterday the news broke that Samsung accidentally announced itself as partner for the next flagship “pure Android” device. The Nexus Prime – if rumors are to be believed – will play host to an incredible array of specs. With a 4.5″ Super AMOLED display and processing power supplied by a 1.5GHz core chip, this robot is going to be a beast. (That is, of course, if the speculation is correct.)

With a screen that size and a processor that powerful it is set to dwarf the current iPhone and possibly the iPhone 5 in almost every way conceivable. (Unless Apple files a lawsuit and gets a block on sales in place.) We know that the next iPhone will have the A5 processor, which is dual-core, that’s a given. We don’t know how powerful it is – since Apple keeps it secret – but it’s almost certainly not 1.5GHz. What about display size? The current iPhone’s 3.5″ screen is already looking a tad small compared to its biggest rivals. If the Prime does have a 4.5″ display, that’s an entire inch of difference. Even if the next Apple handset sports a 4″ screen, it’s still tiny compared to the Prime’s purported specs. Granted, a 4.5″ display is certainly pushing in to the realm of too big, but, who wants to carry a device that looks puny and weak against the top Google-dog?

What do you guys think? Will the iPhone 5 be a pace setter? Or will it be blown away by the Prime? (Talking performance here, not sales.) A lot will come down to how well Ice Cream Sandwich holds up in the real world. iOS 5 is going to be tough to beat (since it’s stolen the best parts of all the other major phone OSes.)

Via: GSMArena & Samsung Nexus Prime set to dwarf iPhone 4/5?
  2. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

I am really looking forward to the next wave of Android phones, I think this is the time Android can make their stamp on creating a user experience as fluid and nice as iOS. With the new processors coming in I don't think there is any excuse anymore to have redraw and lag. Although for most of us in the forum redraw and lag or just daily little annoyances, I think the average consumer views it as a major flaw in the phone. So when they pick up an iPhone and see how nice all the transitions are, they are sold. To me that is one of the big areas iOS has on lock down over Android but like I said these new generations of Android phones have a chance to change that.

BTW, I know you said iOS5 stole the best parts of all the other OSes but have you seen what they have done with their notification drop down? It is absolutely beautiful. I hope Android can incorporate some of the features. The only similarity between the android notification drop down and the new iOS one is swipe to pull the notification bar down.
  3. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

I think android should patent 4 inch screens.

(sarcasm)
  4. Byakushiki

Byakushiki New Member

That's exactly what needs to happen. That'll shut Apple up if they ever decide to try to sue over screen size/ratio of screen to black part of phone.
  5. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

seriously can we not have one thread where people don't bring up lawsuits? That joke is so far beyond old.
  6. Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong New Member

Agreed

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
    [X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.1
    [ ] Apple iPhone 3G: RedSn0w Jailbreak
    Tapatalk