Samsung Nexus Prime first live shot leaks!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well, here it is folks .. or part of it.. and since I don't think it can be written any better, I'm going to just quote the source who has the exclusive:

"With all the fuss surrounding the Apple event today, you may have forgotten that an equally big announcement is coming next week. And we are first to deliver you a glimpse of what is to come at the Samsung Unpacked event, which will see the unveiling of the next Google flagship - Nexus Prime.

What you are seeing here is the first live photo of the Nexus Prime (or part of it), which comes to confirm several important specs of the upcoming device. First, we've got the HD resolution of the SuperAMOLED confirmed - that's 720p on a screen just 4.6" in diagonal. As you can see from the image itself this gives you a pixel density of over 320 dpi, which is certainly more than anyone could need.

And don't be confused by the strange 1184 x 720 pixels resolution that appears on the system info. That's just the active area of the screen, with the status bar on the top and the three soft buttons on the bottom not counted. The Samsung Nexus Prime will surely come with a regular 1280 x 720 pixels screen.

We are not sure if the Samsung Nexus Prime display will be using the PenTile matrix, but we can bet that at this pixel density even the most eagle-eyed users won't be able to tell the difference. Just look at the shot, those letters look like printed on paper.

The final bit that we found out is that the Nexus Prime won't be having any hardware keys on the front. This was probably to be expected as Android Ice Cream Sandwich is based on Android Honeycomb, which doesn't rely on hardware controls for UI navigation.

It will certainly be a fierce battle between this beast and the upcoming iPhone(s)."

EXCLUSIVE: Samsung Nexus Prime first live shot leaks - GSMArena.com news

Last edited:

forum8417

Reaction score
ok was gonna get the htc vigor..... now im gonna have to wait hopefully not to much longer.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice find Shadez! I'm getting pretty excited about this phone!

alboboy10

Reaction score
Battery, GPS, build quality, 4g.

God please let all these be good and I'll buy it.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
lol you're the one who found it :)

Shh! I'm trying to give you credit, you know, to impress the ladies....

Anyway, I thought I was going crazy for a bit there because when I first read the article, it stated that the phone had a 4.3" screen, but when I read what you just posted, it says 4.6". After looking through the comments at the source, other people mention 4.3" so it looks like gsmarena corrected the article... curious!

squeak

Reaction score
I guess the display was too big for their camera to snap a picture of the entire phone. But seriously, I was hoping for smaller bezels, however I'm still pretty excited about this phone.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone in the comments at Droid-Life pointed out the last two rows of text seem to be off the screen. What do you guys think? It sort of looks like the text goes off the screen on the left side.