Samsung Moment to get 2.1 on Feb 22, will it be before the Droid get's 2.1?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
per androidcentral.com:

File this under "unofficial" for now, but we're getting word on dates for Sprint to update the Samsung Moment, which at current is still running Android 1.5. And even better is that the update reportedly may be Android 2.1, and not merely 2.0 as Sprint told us earlier.
The first wave is said to begin Feb. 22, and you'll have to visit a Sprint store to actually get the upgrade. A pain, yeah. But it also keeps you close to home should anything untoward happen.
The second upgrade wave is said to be on March 8, and that one will be pushed out over-the-air. Thanks, anon.

If this is true, and the Moment get's 2.1 before the Droid does, I will be seriously pi$$ed. The Droid is a top level Android phone, the Moment is not. If Moto or whoever is in charge of Android at VZW doesn't get their act together, I will buy the N1 and dump the Droid as it will be apparent to me that the phone manufacturers are unreliable to keep their products updated after this weeks Moto/Droid 2.1 fiasco. Of course if 2.1 is released tomorrow on the Droid, I will take back everything I just said.:)
What is the big deal that Sprint might have a phone that goes 2.1 maybe before our Droid - and do something drastic and go to T-M. Really, where are your priorities in life? Sure I want 2.1 but I'm not going to beat my kids or my wife over it.

streetkid

Reaction score
All this 2.1 talk reminds me this quote my Mom posted on her facebook recently:

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I fail to believe some of you people. To read some of these posts, you'd think that 2.0.1 suddenly stops working and/or becomes the crappiest OS on earth the minute 2.1 is released.

Guess what? The day 2.1 drops, 2.0.1 will continue to work just as well as it has in the past. And to be honest, there's nothing uber-exciting about 2.1 - i'd be willing to bet in normal day to day use, most people won't be able to tell much of a difference.

uelreq

Reaction score
my Atari got 2.1 last week im taken my droid back and getting a IPhone and then i can go to there board and cry i dont get a signal