Samsung Moment to get 2.1 on Feb 22, will it be before the Droid get's 2.1?

DurangoJim

Reaction score
per androidcentral.com:

File this under "unofficial" for now, but we're getting word on dates for Sprint to update the Samsung Moment, which at current is still running Android 1.5. And even better is that the update reportedly may be Android 2.1, and not merely 2.0 as Sprint told us earlier.
The first wave is said to begin Feb. 22, and you'll have to visit a Sprint store to actually get the upgrade. A pain, yeah. But it also keeps you close to home should anything untoward happen.
The second upgrade wave is said to be on March 8, and that one will be pushed out over-the-air. Thanks, anon.

If this is true, and the Moment get's 2.1 before the Droid does, I will be seriously pi$$ed. The Droid is a top level Android phone, the Moment is not. If Moto or whoever is in charge of Android at VZW doesn't get their act together, I will buy the N1 and dump the Droid as it will be apparent to me that the phone manufacturers are unreliable to keep their products updated after this weeks Moto/Droid 2.1 fiasco. Of course if 2.1 is released tomorrow on the Droid, I will take back everything I just said.:)

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
boo hoo who cares if they get it first? We will get it eventually. Quit worrying about who else is getting what.

FireDroid

Reaction score
Here is a can of gasoline to go on that fire!!!

Just imagine how pissed you would be to have to go stand in line for hours to get it!

Droid will get 2.1 so why sweat it? The Droid on 2.0.1 on Verizon is still a better bet than an N1 that is buggy on T Mob!!!!

djstarion

Reaction score
Does this thread really exist? I mean, did I seriously just read all that?

What's wrong with your Droid that you'd dump it for the N1 at the drop of a dime?

Guchi

Reaction score
Did you know the samsung moment also comes stock with an 800mhz processor speed so watch them get live wallpapers and the 3d app drawer while we get stuck with the same old 2.0 stuff

Edit: haha

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
the Moment, LOL!

doesn't matter if they get 2.1 first, you play with the Moment, and tell me which phone you find better

OP
D

DurangoJim

Reaction score
the Moment, LOL!

doesn't matter if they get 2.1 first, you play with the Moment, and tell me which phone you find better

That's my point exactly. The Moment isn't a great phone, so why should it be the first to get 2.1 outside of the N1?

OP
D

DurangoJim

Reaction score
Does this thread really exist? I mean, did I seriously just read all that?

What's wrong with your Droid that you'd dump it for the N1 at the drop of a dime?

Nothing's wrong with it, but I never use the hard keyboard and would like a device that will continue to be updated regularly and is considered an OS's flagship device, which is what I thought it was when I purchased it.

djstarion

Reaction score
Updated regularly? We just got an update a couple of months ago. And we're about to get another one. That's a lot more than Verizon does for their other phones, especially the Storm.

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Nothing's wrong with it, but I never use the hard keyboard and would like a device that will continue to be updated regularly and is considered an OS's flagship device, which is what I thought it was when I purchased it.

There is never going to be a true "flagship" for an OS. Droid had it for a bit, N1 has it now and then the next, newest phone will then take over. Even if your phone is kept up to date with the newest OS eventually that won't matter because the hardware will be too old. Enjoy what you have while you have it. Don't expect to stay the best for very long with today's tech advancement.

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Updated regularly? We just got an update a couple of months ago. And we're about to get another one. That's a lot more than Verizon does for their other phones, especially the Storm.

+1, exactly

r-dubya

Reaction score
The great thing about the Android OS is that it has been adapted by so many manufactuars. On one hand, yes, you will never have the "Flagship" phone for any more then a few months at a time.

On the other hand, this is going to constiantly push the phone developers into bigger and better phones. The winner in the end, the consumer.

By the time you are eligiable for your next upgrade, the phones availiable will be spectacular.

Just my two cents...

:edit:

The droid is no dinky outdated peice of equipment yet either. It is still a highly customizable beast of a phone...

M

Matth3w

1. Who cares

2. They said we were getting 2.1 this week "officially" and you see how that turned out

3. See #1

dos

Reaction score
Man you guys kill me. So we are now trumping one rumor over another rumor. How did that official/unofficial 2.1 update for the Droid go on January 22nd? I heard from my cousin that sweeps floors at Verizon that the Moto Razr is getting the 2.1 update after the Moment, then the iPhone, then we are next.