Samsung may be stiffing victims

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Samsung-Building-Round.jpg

Despite the note 7 having issues with catching fire, we all agreed that Samsung deserved to be commended on the way they handled the situation.

It looks like Samsung may not be handling the situation with the class we praised them for. I'm all for giving them the benefit of the doubt to sift through the real from the fraud. But take care of the victims. They did not ask for this and it was Samsung's product that caused the problem.

At this point Samsung do not need anymore negative PR, so if these reports are true I suggest people in charge for Samsung Mobile get this under control. Let's be honest, replacing a carpet and a lamp is pennies for the mega corporation. Now if they are denying fraudulent claims then understood. But if they are stiffing actual victims then shame on them.

Source: Galaxy Note 7 owners are angry Samsung is refusing to pay compensation

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm losing confidence in the Verge! This is their second N7 story that doesn't add up. What's interesting is they refer to their other story about the supposed email correspondence of a Samsung rep (which reaked as bogus). In this particular story, they give one example of a customer angry with Samsung. And I'm supposed to believe that this customer managed to call Samsung only 45 minutes after a horrific incident that happened in the middle of the night. That's pretty amazing, fast on your feet thinking. Your phone burns your bedside table, carpet, and bed and you manage to get that all under control and then have the mindset to believe you must call Samsung right away? In addition, Samsung hasn't refused to pay. Samsung agreed to pay for the depreciation value of destroyed items, which is very typical for almost all insurance claims.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm losing confidence in the Verge! This is their second N7 story that doesn't add up. What's interesting is they refer to their other story about the supposed email correspondence of a Samsung rep (which reaked as bogus). In this particular story, they give one example of a customer angry with Samsung. And I'm supposed to believe that this customer managed to call Samsung only 45 minutes after a horrific incident that happened in the middle of the night. That's pretty amazing, fast on your feet thinking. Your phone burns your bedside table, carpet, and bed and you manage to get that all under control and then have the mindset to believe you must call Samsung right away? In addition, Samsung hasn't refused to pay. Samsung agreed to pay for the depreciation value of destroyed items, which is very typical for almost all insurance claims.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
They were the ones that a N7 owner near me supposedly wrote to them, with photos, and it never made the local news even though it was inundated daily with the recall info.
I call bullshirt a third time on the Verge.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><