Samsung & Marvel Team-Up for a Glimpse at a Possible Future Smartphone

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually I was watching how glass is made and they already have transparent conductors that can be printed into the glass. On fact, the display you're holding is glass with electrical conductivity. They also already have transparent displays as well.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.
I was gonna say the crystalline structure of gorilla type glass is conducive for passing current and media through.
The totally clear phone isn't that far off from being possible, only the battery being the hold up.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I do find this exciting. once again this is the evolution of technology. think if the possible applications besides smartphones. Amazing!

Reactions: cr6

videostelenovelas

Reaction score
Let Samsung, LG or HTC developed a phone like that, later on Apple will claims that as their invention as they did with Docomo's phones with the first iphone.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I learned something new today. Haha
If you remember the show Babylon 5, they used crystals to store data the way we use silicon and metal. It's not science fiction anymore just not economically practical yet. Dilithium crystals on Star Trek? Not science fiction anymore. If they ever figure out how to take something and break it down to a molecular level without destroying its life force, then reanimate it "beam me up Scotty" won't be a term used to exemplify stupid conversations as a rule anymore either.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let Samsung, LG or HTC developed a phone like that, later on Apple will claims that as their invention as they did with Docomo's phones with the first iphone.
I look for Apple to file a patent before the movie hits the big screen.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If you remember the show Babylon 5, they used crystals to store data the way we use silicon and metal. It's not science fiction anymore just not economically practical yet. Dilithium crystals on Star Trek? Not science fiction anymore. If they ever figure out how to take something and break it down to a molecular level without destroying its life force, then reanimate it "beam me up Scotty" won't be a term used to exemplify stupid conversations as a rule anymore either.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
I was never a Babylon fan, but I remember Star Trek.

It's just not a tech that I follow, so I didn't realize they were already on track.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do find this exciting. once again this is the evolution of technology. think if the possible applications besides smartphones. Amazing!
No more blind spot in your vision while driving? See whether you're out of milk before opening the fridge door? I'm waiting for windows in houses that double as solar panels to take off. Heck, they're even experimenting with home siding and shingles containing solar collectors.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
No more blind spot in your vision while driving? See whether you're out of milk before opening the fridge door? I'm waiting for windows in houses that double as solar panels to take off. Heck, they're even experimenting with home siding and shingles containing solar collectors.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

There are many blind spot mirrors that eliminate it. Some are on the side view mirrors and some are the actual rear view mirror. My car has a radar detection technology that eliminates it completely.

Samsung and LG offer smart fridges. The one from LG will let you text your fridge as well with conversations concerning what is in your refrigerator.

Out of Milk LG s New Smart Fridge Will Let You Know - NBC News

I'm looking forward to the solar panel windows as well. Hopefully they will incorporate the ability to change the view of the window like the one in the second link below.

SolarWindow - New Energy Technologies Inc

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I was gonna say the crystalline structure of gorilla type glass is conducive for passing current and media through.
The totally clear phone isn't that far off from being possible, only the battery being the hold up.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
If they found a way to ramp up the charge from our bodies and static.. That would be awesome..

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are many blind spot mirrors that eliminate it. Some are on the side view mirrors and some are the actual rear view mirror. My car has a radar detection technology that eliminates it completely.

Samsung and LG offer smart fridges. The one from LG will let you text your fridge as well with conversations concerning what is in your refrigerator.

Out of Milk LG s New Smart Fridge Will Let You Know - NBC News

I'm looking forward to the solar panel windows as well. Hopefully they will incorporate the ability to change the view of the window like the one in the second link below.

SolarWindow - New Energy Technologies Inc

I've got blind spot mirrors on my truck, both sides , very wide angle yet motorcycle still seem to find their way into a blind area.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4